Four-legged acoustical treatments (post your critters!) [2023]

One of our rescues, an Australian cattle/Shar pei mix, had lived in a shelter on a concrete floor for two years. When we brought him home he immediately jumped on our couch, sighed, looked like he belonged, and hasn’t really left it since. Worth it in my book.

5 Likes

There is a major Anti Pit Bull drive in SA at the moment , several kids have been mauled recently but last week a woman was attacked and died of her injuries

Hi @Jim_F,
Ouch!
That experience must have been terrifying for you and Lucy.
I hope Lucy’s wound heals well and she make a full recovery both physical and mentaly.

1 Like

Actually there is a similar upstir here in Sweden. A very strange incident resulted in the owner of a pit/staff succumbing to her injuries. The male owner was seriously injured at the same incident also, and was commited to hospital care. The poor dog must have had a total breakdown of some kind.

A sad story really as it’s really an owner problem, not a canine one…
And i’m not even sure it was an owner issue in this particular case.

1 Like

I agree, Pit Bulls have a reputation but enhanced and caused by their owners. I know they have a massive bite strength but fundamentally they are a dog , they are bred and trained to be very nasty examples of the canine world, somebody must do that !!

1 Like

Pit bulls were bred to hunt boars, then later to “bait bulls” (attack a bull in a pack with the intent to wear down and kill the bull). Later this activity was banned and pit bulls became the dog of choice in “ratting” (eating as many rats as possible). To imply that pit bull attacks are due to a total breakdown in their behavior is to deny genetics, IMO. They were bred to kill. Are they able to be family pets, companions and such? There seems to be a lot of anecdotal evidence that says yes. But these troubling, heartbreaking accounts of pit bull attacks are becoming too prevalent to ignore.

3 Likes

My Kacie is sending hugs to Lucy.

We hope she recovery’s quickly.

That looks nasty - hope she’s recovering well.

Someone’s settled for the night. Pinned down and can’t move

14 Likes

I’m really sorry to heart that Lucy was attacked by another dog. I struggle with the idea of dog owners letting problem dogs off lead. Keep the dog on a lead and a safe distance from other dogs and work with a trainer/behaviourist to address the root cause.

3 Likes

That is absolutely the answer Graeme, I cross the street up to 20 times on a walk with my two dogs, not because they are dangerous, but because it make’s people with dogs of their own less nervous. I always feel that as the owner of silent but boisterous dogs it’s on me to give way and take the problem away.
Peoples are regularly appreciative as their dogs bark constantly at mine who walk by and give them the side eye :joy_cat:

4 Likes

I regularly come across a chap walking a cross-breed bitch off lead. She’s muzzled (nervous-aggressive) and when her owner sees another dog, he puts her on lead. I put our Border Collie on lead when I see them appoaching and we exchange pleasantries and pass without incident.

I have no idea of her history - she may have been a previously abused rescue, or maybe a rescued street dog, or simply been confronted/attacked by another aggressive dog. Responsible awareness by the owner is the key IMO. If Stan is off lead and I see another dog I’m unsure of, I’ll call him back to me and if necessary, put him back on his lead.

I have no desire for confrontation on either side.

3 Likes

My daughter’s pair of rescues from Hilo, Hawaii.
Koa the one eyed kitten and Ingot an older cat she rescued off the streets.

I guess the apple didn’t fall too far from the tree after all😉

25 Likes

Will make sure I tell this to my 2 pitties tonight when both are fed off my mouth, wash our teeth together then hop on our bed. Their farting is dead aggressive though!

No disrespect to your dogs meant, i am glad they enrich your life. Other than the… :nauseated_face:

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that Lucy was attacked. It’s a horrible thing to experience. I hope she is on the mend.

Luna and I were attacked by a dog we know reasonably well just before Christmas as well…

That was taken after the bite was cleaned and closed by the vet. Luna is pretty much healed now but she and I are both much more wary of other dogs and she is spending more time on the lead now :pensive:

13 Likes

How awful! I’m glad the two of you weren’t hurt worse.

@Jim_F , how is Lucy doing?

1 Like

Lucy is still on pain pills and antibiotics for 4 more days. There is still an open wound but it is reduced from the size of a quarter to a nickel. We are still keeping it bandaged so she doesn’t lick and chew it. I think she will be fine. Thanks for asking.

10 Likes

Just saw this news Jim, glad to hear she’s doing better now. Holy smokes that’s an awful thing. Get well Lucy

1 Like

Its either just me or there are more dog attacks happening on a weekly basis than i can ever remember. From packs of wild dogs to family pets, people are getting killed. What is going on??? :dog2: