Freezing when trying to access data

@dylan, I think I realized how I messed it up. When we were working on my first issue you had me remove the cache folder contents while the nucleus was off. I think I got confused and did it while the nucleus was on. I think that is why the cache folder 2 keeps showing up like in the screen shot I shared.

I have my database backed up. What do I need to do to get it working again?

I miss my Roon! I play it all day working at home. The BlueSound app keeps music playing, but I miss Roon!

My Nucleus has not worked for weeks and I am getting no response from support. My last post was 6 days ago, and no response.

Thanks for responding Jim. I have been posting in the support forum. I have a case and everything and have not heard anything in a week.

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus, Roon build 186)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Internet: Comcast business.
Router: Technicolor Device Type BWG, Model DPC3941B
Network: Linksys Velop Mesh Network.

Roon connected to network through ethernet to a TP-Link 8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch | Ethernet Splitter | Sturdy Metal w/Shielded Ports |Plug-and-Play | Traffic Optimization | Unmanaged (TL-SG108)

QNAP is also connected to the Network Switch

My phone and iPad all connect wirelessly through the Mesh Network

My MacBook Pro is connected to the switch with an ethernet cable

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Bluesound 2i is plugged into a Synergistic Research QLS6, which is plugged into a Shunyata Venom ps8m model US120 ( I only have two outlets for my main system, my Spectral Amp is plugged directly into the wall, so everything else has to go through the Power purifiers.)

Description Of Issue
I have another issue and not getting any response.

My Roon is not working and hasn’t for weeks. I first reported the problem Feb 28th. I was told to remove my cache folder, but I accidentally did that with the server running, and everything broke.

I probably have to rebuild my database from a backup, but I can’t open the APP to do that. Is there a way to reset it to factory settings and then load up my backup database…

For the history read my case " Freezing when trying to access data

Hi @Richard_Guth,

Apologies for the delayed response here — Due to a clerical error on my end this missed my usual queue and I’m very sorry for that! Things are back on track now.

I don’t think this is related to the cache folder because changing from RoonServer to RoonServer_Old would regenerate a completely new cache folder. So let’s try the following:

Can you connect the Nucleus via HDMI to a monitor or TV and share a picture of the output?

Thanks!

Here is access to the screen shot of the Nucleus when viewed via HDMI monitor. https://www.dropbox.com/s/bb3c3bpwd9xaswi/Nucleus%20screen%20via%20HDMI.jpg?dl=0

But I suspect this is the problem. I have two cache and two Tidal folders. https://www.dropbox.com/s/zm7b39e4dson54k/Messed%20Up%20Cache%20Folder.png?dl=0

I suspect its an easy fix, I just messed this stuff up

Thanks, @Richard_Guth.

Two TIDAL folders is normal, I have the same on my end and shouldn’t cause any issues here.
Everything also looks okay on the HDMI output.

When you do the RoonServer_Old process that I mentioned above will start completely fresh and regenerate all of these folders, so none of the changes you made prior should matter after doing that process.

Here’s what I’m hoping we can do next:

• Try to connect to the Core from one of the remotes and make a note of the time this fails
  • Use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.
  • Respond here with the time and the logs and the team will analyze the logs of the fresh install and confirm that everything was generated properly.

Thanks!

Good morning @dylan,

I went through the process again:

• Turning off the server, moving the Cache
  • Restarting the server, stopping the server
  • Renaming the server folder to Old
  • Restarting the server
  • Trying to access from remotes

Here is a link to the zipped log file. https://www.dropbox.com/s/kf9l7gedv1gsl3q/Richard_Guth_Logs.zip?dl=0

I tried to bring up the Roon Remote on the following devices at the following times:

9:54 iPhone
9:55 Mac Desktop
9:57 iPhone
9:58 Mac Desktop

In each case I got the “Remote Connection”, “Waiting for Remote Core…” screen.

Thanks for your help. Pretty please can we get this working? I can’t tell you how much I miss it. I live along and work remotely all day. Roon is my friend. :slight_smile:

Hi @Richard_Guth,

I just wanted to confirm that the logs are with the team and I’ll be following up ASAP with their feedback.

thanks, I look forward to hearing from you.

@dylan, any word?

Hi @Richard_Guth,

From the Nucleus Web Administration Interface can you reinstall the OS as seen below:

@dylan I did that a week or two ago and it did not make any difference. I will try again.

@dylan I did it. It did not fix it. Nothing changed. I have a back up. Is there a way to wipe it clean and reinstall everything from scratch?

@Richard_Guth — On the Web UI there is a Reset button for Roon Database & Settings — This wipes the entire database. Let’s try that now that you did the OS reinstall.

@dylan, done, now what do I do? My apps still cannot connect.

@dylan I just noticed that my post about how I cleared the cached folder contents was wrong. I wrote “Nucleus” instead of “RoonServer”. This is what I should have said:

• I was supposed to remove the cache folder contents while the RoonServer was off.
  • But I removed the cache folder contents while the RoonServer was running.

Ever since then, my apps cannot connect, before that, I was just having issues accessing Tidal and track metadata.

@dylan, you should add “ then delete and reinstall all your remote apps after you reinstall the operating system and reset the database” to your instructions.

I had tried that a few weeks ago, but it didn’t help. But Hugh at MusicLovers Audio in SF suggested I do it again after this last round you had me do and then everything worked. My database is even intact!

Oh, the painful days I had to suffer through using the Bluesound app when all I needed to do was this last step.

You’ll never know how desperately I missed my Roon.

You can close this one out now as resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.