FS: 10th Gen i7 Intel NUC - NUC10i7FNH1, Akasa Turing FX Fanless Case [SOLD]

Who needs a great holiday present. I’m selling my 2-month old Roon Rock server running Version 1.7 (build 710) stable, the latest version. I built the server in October 2020. It’s in perfect condition and contains the following components. If you don’t want to Roon Rock, it would make a great PC.

• Intel NUC 10 Performance Kit BXNUC10I7FNH1 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10710U Supports up to 3 Displays 5 USB Ports Mini / Booksize Barebone System
  • Akasa Turing FX | Intel 10th Gen NUC (Frost Canyon) | PC Fanless Cooling Case | Aluminium | Internal M.2 SSD Heatsink | A-NUC52-M1B
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 500GB - M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology (MZ-V7S500B/AM)
  • Kingston Technology HyperX Impact 32GB 2666MHz DDR4 CL15 260-Pin SODIMM Laptop Memory, Kit of 2 (HX426S15IB2K2/32)
  • Bingfu Dual Band WiFi 2.4GHz 5GHz 5.8GHz 6dBi RP-SMA Male Antenna & 20cm 8 inch U.FL IPX IPEX MHF4 to RP-SMA Female Extension Cable 2-Pack for M.2 NGFF Intel Wireless Network Card WiFi Adapter Laptop

I was using this to stream Tidal and Qobuz and compared to my previous 8th Gen i7, I found the integration to be faster with the 10th Gen i7.

Originally paid $1050

Asking $850 shipped to CONUS. I’m open to reasonable offers.

What a great deal! I’m sure you’ll sell it quickly. Had I not build an i5 system early in this year… I just ordered the Turing case and waiting on it’s arrival. Good luck.

1 Like

I’m kind of shocked this hasn’t received any attention. If any one is considering using this with Windows instead of Roon. I’ll include a Windows 10 license key.

I’m so new at this I’m not quite sure if this will be able to do what I’d like (or if it is even possible). That is use it to run both Roon and Dirac then stream to chromecast audio. I’ve read several posts and am still in the learning phase, but as this is one of the options I was looking into I thought I’d ask the question. From my limited understanding, in the current configuration set up as Roon Rock I think the answer is “no” but changing it to a WIN10 system… Maybe?

Since this is running Roon Rock you can use it with Chromecast as an endpoint. If you want Dirac you could use a MiniDSP SHD or SHD Studio which acts as an endpoint like Chromecast and adds Dirac. Windows is not as convenient as using Roon Rock and would stick with it. I was merely suggesting Windows is an option if you don’t want to run Roon Rock

it IS receiving my attention! great peace of roon kit, I’ll be all over it if I only need one, not to compose it manually.
:wink: take it, rooners!

1 Like

Thanks Jim, as I haven’t used either (Windows or Roon Rock) could you elaborate on the benefits of Roon Rock /issues with Windows I’d encounter? I was hoping to not add a MiniDSP to the chain but would like to understand the benefits I’d be giving up if I went the Windows path if I continue down my Dirac path.

Sent you a PM

SOLD. Please close