FS: 8th Generation Intel NUCs refurbished in fanless cases, ideal for ROCK

I have for sale three 8th generation Intel NUCs, all refurbished by me, in Akasa fanless cases.

In the centre is NUC2 with an 8i7 processor in a low profile Plato case which fits more easily into some Hi Fi racks. It has an excessive 32G of memory on two DIMM cards and a 250G Samsung 980 pro NVMe SSD. The case and power supply are brand new.

Left is NUC1 with an 8i7 processor in a Turing case, it has 16G of memory on two DIMM cards and a 500G Samsung NVMe SSD. This was my ROCK server until I switched to a low profile model(like NUC2) which fits my Hi Fi rack batter. The memory and power supply are brand new.

Right is NUC3 has an 8i5 processor in a Turing case, it has 8G of memory on two DIMM cards and a 250G Samsung 970 pro NVMe SSD. The memory, SSD, case and power supply are brand new.

The 8i7 in NUC1 and NUC 2 is faster that the 7i7 in the Nucleus plus - and until recently Roon said this was the best NUC they’d tested. It’s still among the best machines available for running ROCK. These machines have the memory and CPU capacity for running a large roon setup.

The 8i5 in the NUC3 has about the same performance as the 7i7 in the Nucleus plus, and is a good balance of price and performance for running ROCK

Being fanless with SSDs they are all completely silent. There is space in the cases for an extra SSD, so if you’d like a Samsung 870 QVO SSD of up to 8Tb for media storage I’m happy to include for my purchase cost.

NUC1 is £630, NUC2 is £650 and NUC3 is £550. I will include delivery by Royal Mail special delivery (worth £20 - these are heavy!).

I’ve sold a few of these machine - and am very happy to help the new owner get it up and running (as I have with previous machines).

2 Likes

NUC 3 (the 8i5) is now taken.

But I still have the two 8i7s if anyone wants to buy themselves a Christmas present!

I’ve had these for a while - so would be open to sensible offers.

NUC 2 (the low profile 8i7) is now sold.

So just the other 8i7 remaining.

I don’t plan to build any more- so if you’d like a fanless 8i7 NUC please make me a sensible offer.