FS: Intel NUC 8i7 in Akasa Turing Fanless Case - ideal for ROCK

I have for sale an 8th generation Intel NUC with an i7 processor. It’s in a fanless Turing case from Akasa - and has been my ROCK server for the last year (I’ve just built myself a similar 8i7 spec machine in a lower profile Akasa Plato case that fits into my Hi Fi rack a little better).

The 8i7 is faster that the 7i7 in the nucleus plus - and until recently Roon said this was the best NUC they’d tested. It’s still among the best machines available for running ROCK.

It has 16G of memory on two brand new DIMM cards and a 500G Samsung NVMe SSD. This is more disk and memory than you can use - you probably don’t need more than 8G memory or 128g SSD for Rock (unless your library is in the 100k+ region - in which case this memory is for you!). Dual DIMM cards improve the performance of these machines.

It also comes with a brand new power supply from Simply NUC (Intel’s UK distributor).

Being fanless with an SSD it is completely silent. There is space in the case for an extra SSD, so if you’d like a Samsung 870 QVO SSD for media storage I’m happy to supply and fit for my purchase cost (available up to 8Tb).

This is priced at £650 plus £20 shipping and the cost of an extra SSD if you want one. I’m not open to offers at the moment.

I’ve sold a few of these machines - and am very happy to help the new owner get it up and running as a ROCK machine (as I have with previous machines).

My preference is for a UK sale. Shipping these to the US is difficult (in the fanless case they don’t have the needed EMI certificates) - not sure about the EU.

I’m building two more NUCs - an 8i7 in a low profile Plato case, and an slightly less powerful 8i5 in the same Turing case - so let me know if these suit you better.

2 Likes

Just to say that I still have a couple of fanless NUCs for sale if someone in the UK is looking for one.

Hi Greg. Sent you a message :slight_smile:

Thanks Mark - pm sent.