Full Roon & MQA Support for NAD M10 - Coming Soon?

Hello @Engaged_Audio_Video,

So can we be assured that Roon is correctly reporting what the two NAD units are doing internally?

In regards to MQA playback, Roon’s Signal Path is accurate on the NAD and Bluesound products.

Is the issue with the MQA light not turning on isolated to NAD, or were you implying that is a known issue across brands?

This issue is limited to NAD and Bluesound products.

-John

1 Like

Any updates on timing for full Roon certification for the M10? NAD isn’t saying.

Roon will tell you to ask NAD.

Hi @john - any updates on full Roon certification for the NAD M10? I can’t get any clarity from NAD, and have tried several times. Thanks.

Roon will ignore you or tell you to ask NAD. Roon doesn’t seem to care or be willing to with their “partners” to help overcome obstacles and get their products certified. The M10 has been uncertified for over two years. Roon blames NAD and NAD blames Roon. Very unprofessional!

Roon made a change (few months back) that broke Bricasti’s Roon functionality and never bothered to tell Bricasti that the change was coming so they didn’t even have a chance to test it. Yes, my Bricasti M5 stopped working with Roon and Bricasti had to send out a bunch of firmware updates to impacted users. Roon didn’t help Bricasti with the problem. Just ask Bricasti or NAD how easy it is to work with the Roon people.

Hello @Stephen_Seay,

Your frustration is understandable. We also hate it when things (especially audio gear and software) don’t work as one would expect them to… it’s why we created the Roon Ready program in the first place.

Roon Ready partners are invited to reach out to us at any point in the device lifecycle, pre-or-post certification, with any questions they may have regarding the Roon Ready API or the certification process. Our dedicated Partners team triages all incoming messages to ensure that each inquiry receives a satisfactory response, often with direct input from our developers.

Additionally, all Roon Partners receive pre-release Roon “Alpha” builds to test their devices with.

It is the manufacturer’s responsibility to implement the Roon Ready API on their devices in a way that meets our certification requirements.

Roon made a change (few months back) that broke Bricasti’s Roon functionality and never bothered to tell Bricasti that the change was coming so they didn’t even have a chance to test it.

To the best of my knowledge, we were not made aware of any “issue” regarding the Bricasti M5 breaking with a Roon update from Bricasti or any of our users. Additionally we have not received reports of any other Roon Ready devices breaking with recent Roon updates.

Can you describe in more detail what transpired here? If there was a technical issue with RAAT that caused issues for our users we’d be very curious to hear about it.

-John

I suggest you reach to the owner of Bricasti at brian@bricasti.com so you have the correct information first hand.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.