Future HDMI metadata or image output on Nucleus+

Does Roon have any development in the works for displaying information via the HDMI output. Video, Still images or other?
Thanks

Hi @Stewart_Barnett,

Roon do not comment on their development projects, however, given past statements re supporting a GUI on Linux I’d say this is highly unlikely to happen.

There are some alternative options however, check out …

@Suedkiez - true, the full UI is not on the table, but, in the same post…

Things on the table (but not yet committed to):

• something shown on the HDMI (chromecast UI?)
  • HDMI CEC support
1 Like

:+1:
10char

I stand by the HDMI feature as offered by the MacMini.

I eventually replaced the Nucleus (mesh issue) with a Mini as my core. The Mini is used and cost less than a third as much as the Nucleus. And yet, stripped down, loaded with my core, it has played at least as well as the Nucleus for two years now. And I have the full software display on a 65" Sony controlled by an Apple wireless keyboard and trackpad. Roon 2.0 and 5.1.

I still don’t understand why a Nucleus can’t display this feature.

It is a delight! If the used Mini craps out, I will buy another. Price, Performance. And features!

Because there are different goals for RoonOS, I suppose

Carl,
Thank you for taking the time to comment.

1 Like

I came here looking for any ETAs on this and just found out CEC support might happen too? This would be amazing as I’ve changed my ROCK to the lounge and now have it plugged in to my DENON AVR (that by the way sounds much better than over airplay). If with CEC I could turn on/off the AVR AND control the volume, it would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cool !!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Just a friendly warning not to get your hopes up too high. Work on Roon OS version 2.0 seems to have a much lower priority than developments for Roon itself. It’s been a long time in development, and no sign of it emerging as yet.

Hi @Geoff_Coupe,
Thanks for managing my expectations! :slight_smile: Let’s see what new developments come out way.