Genesis Box Sets complete

“Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky, Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone, Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die, One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne…”

I have my PRECIOUS. At last I have my precious.

5 Likes

They’re superb, especially the SACD’s :grinning:

One of my sets is SACD. The rest, sadly, are not. On the upside, the one that is is the glory years of Trick through Duke.

That is awesome!

1 Like

Are you saying the other box sets are CD only? I was convinced they were all SACD hybrids!
(I have the first three on vinyl, where the first one is a real pearl! :slight_smile: )

The U.K. versions were released in SACD format. The US versions were DVD 5.1 with DTS 96 because so few people here have SACD. I have one U.K. edition and the rest are US.

Have you ripped and tagged in Roon?

My blue box is UK SACDs. The rest are dvd for me.

I need to make sure I have ripped all my Mulit-channel layers and configured them in Roon. I need to audit my Genesis collection in Roon.

Have you compared the stereo mastering to the original CDs ?

I have my box sets ripped, from their SACD discs;

They sound lovely! (I prefer them to their CD-layer conterparts, sounding a bit less mechanical)

1 Like

I have no means to rip SACD layer stuff, however I have ripped all the CD layers and have them all as separate versions in Roon because I have the previous “Definitive Edition Remasters” as well (I don’t have the original CDs anymore; passed those to family after getting the D.E.R. versions).

The box sets are more remixes than remasters. They differ by varying degrees, with some better and some worse. I’m glad to have the boxes at least for the beautiful books they come with.

1 Like