Glam-Metal: Roon Listeners' Playlists

Yay, almost all my favourite hair metal in one thread…I‘m very much looking forward to this playlist.

Some more music:
Winger - Easy Come Easy Go
Cinderella - Gipsy Road
Poison - Ride the Wind

2 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/ff5l0aO.png

2 Likes

Hey Gang!

I’m about to assemble our Pre-Alternative Rock metal playlist for the Roon homepage if you have last-minute recommendations. :boom: I’m interested primarily in tracks from the mid-80s to 1991. The playlist will be credited to Roon Community :pray:t2:

I was thinking of calling it something like Hair Nation: '80s/'90s Metal
If any of you have alternative name ideas feel free to submit them here. This is your playlist.

Thanks!

Not to be quibbly, but, Hair Metal ended right at the start of Grunge and really doesn’t extend much into the 90s. The 90s are dominated by Grunge and NU Metal, like Rob Zombie, Static-X, Drowning Pool, Powerman 5000. Which are as different from the Poison/Cindarella Hair Metal crew, as Bob Dylan is to NWA.

1 Like

Yep, and that’s what we’re aiming for. It may need to say Hair Nation: '80s - 1991 Metal. Or we can use something else. :metal:t2:

1 Like

Actually, I think you could just leave it as Hair Nation, the date ranges are not that important, imho.

1 Like

Suggestion;

1 Like

As long as SiriusXM don’t get upset by borrowing their CH39 name😜

Absolutely love this playlist. Wow. Never realised they were released within this incredibly short window of time. Should have been of music buying age then. What a ride it would have been!!

Must say love these curated playlists. Exactly what I expect from Roon.

Only thing I am missing here is integrating Qobuz Panoramas. @jamie Please please please!!!

1 Like

Hey @AceRimmer! I didn’t realize that SiriusXM was using that name for one of their stations. Don’t tell them about our list. :shushing_face:

Thank you for your kind words @zenyatta80, I really appreciate the praise. Some of the curated content available in Qobuz isn’t passed through to partners by design. They naturally want to retain some exclusivity in their features. However, the Roon Music, and Product, Teams have a load of ideas in our back pockets for content that we think you’ll enjoy.

I just visited the Qobuz Panaromas page to take a look around, I hadn’t been there in a while - thank you for the reminder. I favorited the J.J. Cale playlist in his panorama and it was successfully added to my Roon Playlists. Admittedly, that isn’t as convenient as seeing Panorama on your Qobuz page in Roon but it is a workaround that you can use.

As always we appreciate your recommendations and ideas. I aim to start working with all of you soon to assemble more Community Playlists, I have some cool stuff in mind. Please be on the lookout!

Thanks @jamie Yes that’s how i access panorama content and honestly I don’t find it that inconvenient. What I obviously miss is the editorial content of the panoramas as well as the way the content is laid out. I would be thrilled if Roon could add something similar.

Vinnie Vincent Invasion - Animal

Icon - Danger Calling

Kick Axe - Heavy Metal Shuffle

1 Like

Now…who should we use for the playlist image for the Roon Home page?

Motley Crue no doubt

Love me some Twisted F*cking Sister.