Going for Roon - advise needed

Luis Roon does not use NFS, so if you are not using it you can turn it back off just to limit your visible surface.

CIFS and SMB are really the same thing, SMB is the name generally used for V1 and CIFS is version 2 & 3. Its common to disable the V1 protocol as it has some horrible security holes.

So you are all good now and enjoying the music?

1 Like

@Michael_Harris good to know that! I had it done like this because it’s the only way to connect my Volumio streamer to my NAS. But since I won’t be using, for now at least, my NAS as a library (probably will use for backups), I’ll use my ssd on my NUC, that will be just a future option.

Absolutely! I’m very happy with it and enjoying the music! Specially the DSP filter for my headphones! (I really love that!)

2 Likes

Great News Luis and happy to hear that.
Are you using the convolution filters for your headphones?
They work very well and I have them for all mine

Exactly, I’m using the convolution filter for my specific headphones… I have to admite that I was a bit skeptical that it would make any hearable improvements but I was extremely surprised of how much better it sounds. I definitely advise anyone to give it a try

1 Like

I agree and started with the same thoughts.
I suppose it’s better to be sceptical and give it a go. I have turned them off a couple of times but I am always back on in about 15 minutes

Yeah, definitely, sometimes people want so much to believe in something that they believe in it no matter what.
I honestly I have it always turned on in every listening point I have for the headphone I use there. When I turned it off the volume goes up but the details are so much worse. And with it on I guess it’s more musical. It’s hard to explain, but it’s much more enjoyable with it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.