Google Nest Hub as a Roon Display

+1 for Nest Hub support please

Also interested in having this fixed.

Definitely interested, had used this before and was about to buy another for my desk when this broke.

Been interested forever. It would also be great to get some info from the Roon team on what the real issue is here. Thanks.

+1 desperate for this

2 Likes

+1 Please add this feature!! Perhaps this is a Google issue – but please work with them to allow Roon casting to stay on the Nest Hub display!

Funny Plex have got this working, yet Roon can’t and worked closely with Google on their Chromecast implementation.

1 Like

+1 I love it when it works (very rarely)

1 Like

+1 for Google Nest Hub support as a display

+1 for me too, this is really nice when it works.

1 Like

+1 for me. We have multiple nest hubs. would be a great addition to see as roon display.

1 Like

And when there are lyrics, it’s a lot of fun. But it quits working inside of a minute. There is some keep alive not working somewhere. Really want this.

I hope so. This is great when it works for about 30 seconds. Then it times out. Have to go to the Google Home App, stop casting and start over. Not worth the effort. Come on Roon. What is going on here?

Google Hub Displays have tons of potential and I would really like to see them part of the long term capability for Roon. Thanks!

3 Likes

+1

Would love to see this working too! On my Sony Bravia with Chromecast built-in it does work, and I love this feature! Would be nice not to have to turn on the big tv every time.

Hi @dylan. It’s been 2 years now. Any more news on this?

Thanks, Dan.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

We are aware issues that occur when using the Google Home Hub as a Display. It is more than a trivial change that is needed, and while we hope to be able to make this work better in the future, we cannot make any guarantees or commit to timelines. We are watching this feature request closely so we can gauge how many are interested in this functionality. Thanks to everyone who has already commented — We appreciate the feedback!

7 Likes

My 2 cents here, but I think if Roon is going to try to appeal to a new and younger user it will have to incorporate new and younger technologies that quickly show mass appeal. Voice commands are taking over. I started with a couple of light switches and now cameras, thermostats etc. Too easy and efficient. I’d like the same for my Roon library “Hey Google, play XYZ playlist”- and it plays on the house audio system so everyone can use it.

7 Likes

I’d like to see this fixed too please

Please fix. It is great when it works. Very handy.

Please include, the display is a beautiful addition when it shows the lyrics