Google Nest Hub as a Roon Display

Definitely interested. Works great for few minutes and then it stops the first time Google forces news on the screen.

Interested too!

I guess asking for +1s is an exception to the rule. +1.

Hi, the next hub max already works as a display already works. Not sure about the regular model.

The Mini does not.

I use the max so I’m already well served but count me as a +1 for the benefit of others :+1:

2 Likes

Pleased to hear that regarding the Max, but the problem is that without official support from Roon, it could stop working, or start ‘working’ just like the smaller Hub does. Remember that both Google and Roon will update their software regularly, with neither Roon nor Google testing this aspect of interoperability until it is officially supported.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know. I am using the Nest Hub Max and unfortunately display does not work. As reported it did for a while but now it only comes on for a few minutes, at best, then reverts back to the google photo frame/clock.

1 Like

Interested too.

As someone who has Google Home/Nest displays throughout their home, it’s difficult for me to justify paying for lifetime Roon as my trial runs down without this basic feature. Very much hoping to hear a commitment to supporting display on these devices.

3 Likes

+1 vote from me.

+1 for support please!

definitely interesed in the fix for this: +1

Could be a general bug with the nest displays.

https://support.google.com/googlenest/thread/60133536?hl=en

It seems that roon is aware of the issue for almost 2 years… When are you planning to get it fixed?? This would be really awesome. Thanks a lot

2 Likes

@support is there any confirmation as to whether this is a roon issue or a Google Nest issue? Thanks!

An update. Google Nest displays can display music info as long as I’m not also sending it Roon audio. I configured displays to show what was being streamed to one of my outputs and they do so consistently. When streaming to a single Google Nest display, I sometimes see the track info displayed, prior to audio stream hitting the device, and display replaced with generic Roon playing image. Hopefully this provides some useful info.

2 Likes

+1 Also interested in this feature working

So I bought yesterday the Google Nest Hub and I was expecting to use it as Roon remote, to see the song info, album art, control the volume and so on. Looks that the only thing I can do is play/pause, next/prev and… see that I am “Playing Roon”. Neither the progress bar is not shown correctly, but I can see only the time stamp of the song progressing and “live” in the right side. What is that?

Indeed, the screen is switching to the clock view after some time.

+1 for support Google nest hub!