HAF - Home Audio Fidelity (Room Correction / convolution filter creation)

Thanks, your link worked for me. Not sure why the link to the folder above wouldn’t work…

I don’t find a way for the stand-alone app to output to HQPe (uPNP). ASIO4ALL doesn’t appear to ‘find’ any outputs other than those directly connected to the Windows host.

Hello @Larry_Post, unfortunately the Room Shaper standalone app is not able to directly stream audio to an uPNP device and you’ll still need to use Foobar or any other conversion tool…

Ok, thanks for confirming. I will stick with the Foobar setup. Is there a way to cause Foobar to auto start ‘play’ at startup or does this remain a manual step if/when Windows restarts?

Yes, you can have Foobar starting automatically in record mode : in Files / Preferences / Playback options, tick the “Save playback state when closing…”

So you just need to start the “record” track once and when you close/re-open Foobar it will automatically resume this track, so start recording again

Much appreciated. I just figured this out and came back to update my question. Thanks again.

Very significant improvement in decay times in my very lightly treated space. This combined with xtalk is magic!

Hello Thierry,

I owned a DEQX HDP Express and made a measurement, can I send you the test results and convert it into convolution filters for ROON?

This is what I did through his website

I am not sure Thierry is checking this thread frequently but as Klaus said you can reach him through his website: PRICING / CONTACT - Home Audio Fidelity

Welcome Thierry nice to have you on the forum. You have made a number of filters last year but I stopped using them since I changed my speakers. I will be putting in an order for new ones in the new year though for the icing on the cake.

1 Like

Newbie here. Does this work with Roon Nucleus? Thanks.

Yes - follow these instructions to load the filters once you have them.

1 Like

Also, can they be used with the Roon app from the iPhone? Thanks.

The filters work for any zone they’re applied to, regardless of which controller you’re using to play to that zone. However, as per the instructions, you’ll need a windows pc or mac to load them and save them in a DSP preset (a one off process).

1 Like

Importing HAF or any convolution filter requires a Windows PC or a Mac running Roon, connected to your core.
Import doesn’t work with tablet as far as I know

1 Like

Thanks @alec_eiffel, this is of course correct…I have updated my post accordingly.

So once filters are imported to the Nucleus via PC (one off), they work even if ROON is operated via iPhone, correct?

Correct :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you save out the preset with the the DSP acte you can then switch it on and off from the phone easily using the DSP preset section.

1 Like

I tried to download the HAF measurement file (Windows) but my security software keeps me from executing the program. I guess I could turn off the security software but I wonder whether there are any other solutions. Thoughts?

What reason does the ‘security software’ give for obstructing you?