Hand Held Remote control for Roon?

Are you able to control volume using this combination?

Yes.
Maybe you could be more verbose about what exactly you’re trying to achieve?!

Thanks for the reply.
I have a pair of speakers with a built-in streamer that I use a Roon endpoint and currently control via Roon’s iPhone and PC remotes.
I’m wondering if I can use the FLIRC USB in a Raspberry PI and have that combination send instructions back to the Roon Core and onto the speakers? I’d like to control volume and as many playback functions as possible.

No experience myself, just FYI

Still a little greedy with info, so are those remote controllable, and if so RF or IR?

If speakers aren’t remote controllable, you’ll have to set up and use Roon’s DSP volume control, but yes, start stop next previous all available.

If speakers are remote controllable via IR and you’ve got a programmable remote, you could use the speaker’s volume control combined with FLIRC control for transport functions.

Have you seen Ropieee‘s beginners guide?

No, the speakers have no physical remote control, either RF or IR.
They are currently controlled by Roon or the speakers own iPhone/PC app.

What I’d like to have is one physical remote which can control as many playback functions as possible and change volume. The Ropieee guide you provided a link to indicates that should be viable, yes?

Thank you!

Yes again, Sir!

Well the remote I use just for volume, is the Apple TV remote. I actuate the volume on on my Processor to change the volume when I’m listening to Music…works great! Control everything else with my iPad.