Hardware End Points Supported by Roon

I moved a post to a new topic: SqueezeBox Support

I moved 3 posts to a new topic: Bluesound Support

Sonos and Oppo end points would be great!

1 Like

Email sent to Devialet in regards to integration with Expert Line. That would be wonderful.

Today I mailed Devialet requesting native support for Roon (in my case for the Expert line) and received below response less than half an our later (very quick!):

Dear Sir,

Thank you fo your message. Our products are actually not planned to be natively compatible with Roon.
However, your request has been transmitted to our engineers in order for them to be aware of your query.

I recommend you keep following our improvements on www.devialet.com

Best regards,

Roger
Customer Care

1 Like

Have to say, that rather surrpises me.
I’d have thought that Roon lives or dies based upon it’s capability to support key end points. Sure, Devialet is hardly going to be a massive user base, but all the same, they’re flavour of the moment.

On a more serious note, Sonos, who apparently have some massive share of the market. If support for their kit is not at least planned, I’d be amazed.

Well, at least Roon still works fine using Devialet AIR (for me, no white noise issues yet). With the new Roon iPad app this works so well that I’m not too worried about native support, although that would be nice to have for sure.

I’ve successfully connected Roon to my Expert by connecting to Devilat AIR.

Indeed, Devialet Air works flawlessly for me too. Interestingly I do find differences in stability between Windows 7 and OSX Mavericks. The former has never caused issues yet, unless using wifi, and still then I experienced only 2 dropouts once, never ever any white noise. With the Mac I do have frequent dropouts using wifi, and even some (way less though) when using LAN. Still, even with Mac, I have never had any white noise issues.

BTW a friend of mine with a D200 with Windows 10 and Foobar has experienced many white noise issues, and I witnessed one occasion while at his place. It is so loud that it is impossible to miss.

Now, what would be interesting for me is Roon support on Aurender. Apple AirPlay with Roon does work, but is very choppy (continuous dropouts) and doesn’t sound very good.

It would be great to be able to use Roon with Naim kit - especially now that they support Tidal anyway…

Just saying
M

@mikeyjfs Have you tried suggesting it to Naim?

Russ

Duh… No - but I will

:smile:
M

@mikeyjfs Good man, once Roonspeakers protocol (RAAT) is released it will be down to manufacturers to choose whether they want to adopt it?

Russ

According to this RAAT is already available to manufacturers who want it.

Auralic has already implemented it in the Aries and is showing it off at CES 2016 right now. A firmware + software update should make RoonSpeakers and MQA decoding available on the Aries soon.

Sonore has also implemented RoonSpeakers in their Sonicorbiter. The unit is already shipping.

Any news on the Devialet Phantom / Roon support? I also have sent requests to Devialet. It drives me crazy that I have to use an additional app (“Spark” for “Volume” and switching inputs) and a more complicated setup to make use of Roon. Not very convenient.

You’ll be able to knock me down with a feather if Naim adopt Roon RAAT :open_mouth:

And Devialet.

As much as we’d like to talk about our partners who are releasing Roon Ready devices or firmware updates, we can’t announce anything until they allow us to. I’ve been slapped by one of our partners in the past, and I’ve learned my lesson.

Anyway, I know you guys really want answers, but believe me, we want to tell you even more :exclamation:

The partners who have been willing to announce our relationship are listed at https://roonlabs.com/partners.html – there are about double that number in reality.

@danny here: https://kb.roonlabs.com/Partner_Devices_Matrix you don’t have Meridian 800-series USB inputs listed. They go variously up to 192kHz/DSD64 and it’s worth listing them. I’ve used them with Roon extensively as have many others.

Ha ha, someone liked that post.
It was six years ago!
I have been clearing out the house recently, moving, came across that old A&K device gathering dust in a drawer, hasn’t been used in years.
Meanwhile Roon is moving along, much more useful than in 2015.
A lesson there…