Hariprasad Chaurasia

hi

don’t get why using “Search” the album I have in my library doesn’t show :no_mouth:
looks there are TWO, different, “Hariprasad Chaurasia” instances (artist’s photo is different)

search results (… maaaaaany albums but mine):

setting Focus to “my Library” gives…

though in my Library…

(had to use Folder navigation to bring it up :roll_eyes: )

Looks like your Soothing Synergy album has a variation of his name:

You could possibly merge the two “Hariprasad Chaursia” instances in your library together…

so… there are THREE Hariprasad Chaurasia instances :rofl:

let me try merging all of them (… not sure how to properly do it)

wait… there’s a fourth one: “Hariprassad Chaurasia” :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

tried but… how do I find all of “Chaurasia” instances in order to merge them? :no_mouth:

this is what I get using “filter” in “Artists view”:

if I search everywhere… I can only pick/edit ONE result

You’re using the Global Search function - which looks everywhere: in your library and in the streaming services.

I think that the issue is that you have just one (local) album in your library associated with the artist “Hariprasad Chaurasia” - and this artist is different from the artist (and composer) known to Roon.

You should be able to fix this by adding one album by the “Real” HC from Qobuz to your Roon library.

That will give you the two instances of HC in your Artists browser - select them both and merge them to the “real” one…

:+1:

ok, thanks :slight_smile:

oh… whilst at it: would you, please, tell “metadata managers” to delete this mispelled (and totally empty) instance? thanks :slight_smile:

@metadata - Looks like a spurious entry for Hariprasad Chaurasia (in both artist and composer categories) has crept into the Roon database? Could you take a look? Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.