Has anyone done the math?

Better for subscribers, worse for Roon.

Yes, I know. But the reason I picked the life time subscription is based on my own convenience, not based on cost, because I donā€™t want to be reminded every month.

2 Likes

Bought the lifetime experience. I think thatā€™s because I canā€™t handle price increases like I encountered with Netflix for instance.

Still a few months to go before the break even point.

Off topic but @Patrick_Beaman mentioned it first.

Netflix peeā€™d me right off with that. I wanted to reduce costs so lowered my subscription. You also lose the number of devices you can use. Sucks.

Back on topic, sorry

1 Like

I was thinking about voting for leaders in a democratic country. Roon is not that.

Of course not. Roon is a privately held company. We are customers. We can express opinions and request features, but we vote with our wallet.

1 Like

Subscription creep sucks. Lifetime removes Roon from that equation for me.

ARC just upped the value of this software significantly. I use it daily at work to access my local, well-curated files while at the office using my phone, a Schiit stack, and a pair of headphones. For me, $700 for something I use/interact with about 9 hours every day is a no brainer. I listen to and interact with more music now than I think I ever have, and Roon is a big reason for that.

11 Likes