Has anyone else experienced Radio Paradise stopping play after about 5 minutes?

In the last three weeks,the internet station Radio Paradise stops playing after about five minutes. It occurs with any of the 4 FLAC streams that use meta-data. I’m running my Roon core on a Mac mini 2023 M2 Pro 16GB 2TB. The problem only happens through Roon. When I use the Linn app to control the DSM, Radio Paradise plays without any problems.

I haven’t experienced dropouts after 5 minutes . I also use a FLAC feed with metadata and usually use it with roon. Sometimes after two or three hours I get a notice that says something like “ roon cannot find this station, it may have stopped broadcasting or changed its address”
When I press play, it starts again with no recurrence of the problem.
My core runs on a 2014 Mac 5K, 32gb ram.

Hi John, after reading your post this morning I switched on Radio Paradise Mellow Mix and let it run for hours. The music has not stopped/paused during that time but I did notice the meta data for the now playing screen is slow to update with the current song playing, maybe 20-30 seconds behind. Haven’t watched it closely before and don;t know if that is a normal thing.

You probably know that Roon is a heavy Network user and from your description, room stops while other apps work fine, it sounds to me like a bottleneck in the Network.

Thanks Mike for responding.
I should have mentioned I have gigabit internet service.

I have GB service as well but I was referring to your internal network. Trying to think of possible reasons for the stops. Probably wired from core to router or is it wi-fi? Have you tried cycling the router? Worth a try if you haven’t already. Hard to imagine the m2 pro having as issue. Sound like a nice piece of hardware.

I played the station all day without any pauses. First time I’ve noticed the now playing screen with the meta data and link to the album for a radio station. Heard a bunch that I like and added the albums for later. That has probably been around for awhile but I wasn’t aware of it.

Hope you get it sorted.

I am having this issue as well. Radio Paradise will play fine for a while, then playback stops. I can start playback again, but it keeps stopping. I have a Mac Mini, and other internet station play fine, but I have also noticed that a couple of other stations are also having this problem.

I remember that there was a MacOS update this past weekend, could it have something to do with that?

I discovered what the issue was for me, and it wasn’t the MacOS update.

Over the weekend I had enabled “Private Relay”, and that apparently was interfering with Roon’s ability to play some Internet radio stations.

Once I disabled Private Relay, the problem went away. I have been playing Radio Paradise for over 2 hours without Interruptions.

1 Like

Nathaniel, you nailed it!! 30 minutes straight now. Problem solved.
Now, I wonder if there’s a workaround as I’d like to be able to use Private Relay.

1 Like

You could try using a VPN, that would provide even better security than Private Ralay. Just a suggestion. If you do come up with a work around I hope you post it here.