Have trouble getting the Ropieee display working

I will re-flash tonight and update here. Out of curiosity, can anyone tell me what happens on the display after it says: “RoPieee is RUNNING”? Does it then immediately switch to a graphical display? What happens if you’ve mis-named the zone name? Does it still switch into graphical mode? I’m just wondering what the experience is, when it’s working correctly, after you see “RoPieee is RUNNING” on the Linux console (which is being displayed on the 7" display).

Thanks!

You should get a black album area and play controls…until it goes to sleep with the time displayed if you have that set in settings…lower left corner to access the settings for brightness etc

Thanks. I hope re-flashing with two power supplies addresses the problem. And I just ordered a 5V 3.5 amp supply.

Yes to both. At a minimum you should see either an error message or blank album art with normal controls.

I found that turning down the screen brightness helped ensure that I had no power issues. You might experiment with this setting as you sort out the other issues.

How do I turn down the screen brightness if I can’t get into the graphical part of the display? I know once you get things working, there are some settings, including brightness, that you can adjust on the touchscreen. But I can’t get that far.

Or is this a recommendation for once I get it working?

Sorry, yes, a recommendation for when it is working for you.

1 Like

I’m happy to tell everyone that my RoPieee display is working. Re-flashing the SD card and booting with two power supplies fixed the problem. The display immediately went into graphics mode and started working as soon as I set the correct zone name in the settings.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out! I truly appreciate everyone’s assistance.

Steve

4 Likes

I don’t want to open a new topic.
I have same problem.

I use ropieee more one year today I want to connect screen. There isn’t displat menu on ropieee web gui, there is anything on roon display, there is remote control but it isn’t about lcd it’s called only “ropieee” on extensions.
I have an display but it is different brand.
When first running ropieee, display must be connect? Or it doesn’t matter?

Hello @onkal,

The display software only installs upon initial installation of RoPieee, and of course only the Raspberry Pi 7” display is supported. A quick re-flash is the easiest path forward.

2 Likes

Thank you, I will reinstall.

Hello @Nathan_Wilkes,

I reinstalled but display doesnt work. :frowning:
Roon supports only Pi 7” display? I have waveshare 5" display because 7" display is very big for my player box.
Isn’t there another way for it works?

Using RoPieee, no, as it only supports the 7” official display.

There are people in the forum who have setup a kiosk mode on a custom Linux install, which might work in your use case. Or, it may be possible to use the native Roon http publishing mechanism, using a web browser on your Pi. Either way, it means a solution other than RoPieee.

Thank you Nathan.

I research now.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.