Having heck of a time getting Ropieee Display running again

REF: 8c3894b18dff1773

Have been running Ropieee for over a year on an official 7" display – mostly without problems. Over several months, would Intermittently would get stuck on the dreaded “Zone not found” screen, but some combination of restarting, rebooting, (Roon/router/wifi/R Pi/DAC) or just waiting would resolve it. (Never was able to nail down which action resolved problem.)

Well, now has been stuck on Zone screen for 2-3 weeks. Even waited for latest release which installed today – 2024.02 (1369). Still no joy.

Have 4 other R-Pi endpoints that run fine. Yes, I’ve taken all three of the actions on the Zone screen – multiple times!

Help!?!?!

Just some things to consider/try:
Might try looking in the settings extensions “view” next to authorizations and remove old ones or all of them and let it refresh them?
Is the trouble-child on wifi or wired?
Are the ones that work wifi or wired?
Can you relocate a “good” one to where the “troubled” one is and vis versa to see if the issue is with its location in the network?
Might be a pain but, have you tried re-flashing the trouble child (or use a new microSD)?
Are the heatsinks on the troubled one installed or still in correct place?

@bearFNF | Thanks for your response. I figured it out.

When a new group is created, the group takes on the name of the first endpoint specified. If additional endpoints are added to the group, the group name does NOT change.

It is EXACTLY that first-in endpoint/group name that MUST be transcribed to the Roon Control Zone boxes for BOTH the Display tab and the Remote tab in the endpoint’s web page. Once I did that, everything back to normal.

The problem was unwittingly self-inflicted when I moved the display endpoint to a new group. OOPSEY!

1 Like