Hegel Roon Ready status statement

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Nucleus to Hegel H95 USB DAC

I tried roon with Hegel over Airplay. And the volume level is not really consistent between the amp and the app (from 1 to 4 db difference). That is a bit odd. Does anyone notice that too?

Tomorrow is the first of December.
It has been very cold for a week, snow has turned green into white.
Days are short, nights are long, comfortable warm bed covers, wonā€™t get up in the morning.
Turning trees into heat, comfortable warm, winter.
Random thought, thinking about the meaning of it all.
Maybe Georg W.F. did the same, around this time in the start of the nineteenth century.
How little could he know that his thought echoed into the modern work, influencing a bit of our modern life.
Will there be waves echoing into the future, or will they parish and be forgotten.
Making waves , moving air, making thoughts, memoriesā€¦ more than 200 years ago.
Was he ever in Norway or even in Osloā€¦

2 Likes

Roon is not coming. It never was.

Roon is coming.
Always has been. Always will be.

Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping
Into the future.
ā€“ Steve Miller Band

2 Likes

ā€œTime is a trick of the mindā€ Rip Rig & Panic

I was at the Brussels Hi-Fi show last weekend.
Johan from KEF and a sales manager for Hegel Asia was promoting KEF speakers.
In Johanā€™s words: I prefer a Qobuz stream as the FLAC is purer than TIDAL.
I was thinking Is this code for HEGEL will no longer introduce MQA?? Knowing that TIDAL has MQA and Qobuz does not these guys are loyalty savey.

If Johan sayd that , then it is KEF, not hegelā€¦.
Speculation is a dangerous thingā€¦.

It will have been personal opinion, no ā€˜company lineā€™ when it comes to streaming services for us.

realizing the irony of all this:

with all the stories of happy Lumin streamer owners, if HEGEL had introduced an analog-only integrated, Iā€™m pretty sure I would have bought one long ago

3 Likes

Dec 9 and no Roonā€¦what a complete failure ā€¦how many months ago did Anders say 99.9% ready to goā€¦lies are not a good way to do business guysā€¦Me thinks the sale of my Hegel 390 will be imminent

2 Likes

imagine how much goodwill they could have secured by offering H390 owners on the Roon forum to be beta testers. Even if it was buggy, I think thereā€™d be far less disgruntlishness about the whole thing.

Most probably Roon would not allow software beta testing. Roon certification seems to be processed differently.
But from Hegel comments here and there, it is likely they have already submitted their roon firmware.

Sounds like there are going to be some great deals on used H390 pretty soon :innocent:

2 Likes

If it wasā€™nt for my girlfriend, who owns half of Ā«myĀ» two hegels, i had sold them long ago.

Who knows, Roon does not tell and hegel has Ā«a reputationĀ».

Are you talking about hegel?
For all we know there is no beta ā€¦ or even an application for Roon Readynessā€¦

99,9% doneā€¦ are only words, nothing that points to this being true.

i know, yeah, but i still do remember that video of them (including @Anders_Ertzeid) working on what LOOKED like an H390 (or similar) being recognized as a roon endpoint.

It appeared they were close at that point.

Ahdunno.

Yea. Mine is for sale. Iā€™m done with these Hegel dummies. Lots of great options now. Need to leave this company behind.

1 Like

I really cannot understand why there is no communication from Hegel. @Anders_Ertzeid where are you? How close are you? Do you even like to have costumers?

1 Like