Help for a Newbie

Afternoon All

I’m new to Roon (4 weeks).
Kit is Roon Rock on Nuc
Gustard R26 Dac

When I paly music from tidal. It always seems to say the Source is 44.1 kHz 16 bit 2 ch. Even though the music playing is a higher format. This happens on USB and ethernet connection. Is this correct or have I set something up incorrectly? See pics below.

HI!

Regarding the first screenshot: Most likely the album is mislabeled by Roon, because the Hi-Res-Flac feature is still very new. The Signal Path should show the correct Information.

Regarding the second screenshot: Probably your DAC has no MQA hardware, so you can’t get the full resolution.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Gustard R26 Dac has full MQA decoding: Gustard R26 Review - AN End Game DAC — Audiophile ON

1 Like

Maybe it is connected wrong, so that Roon can’t see the MQA part? (Just a guess)

1 Like

Could be. I’ll have a look ate the device setup later.

Do you know any albums that are definitely correct so I can check it.

No issue here

1 Like

Just tested, works for me as well.

1 Like

Are you sure it’s playing the 192/24 verison? There are multiple versions available as it has a versions tab. Click in there and you may well see the 44.1 version your playing. As it doesn’t look to be playing that version. Did you start playback from that page or elsewhere.

For MQA set MQA abilities in Roon to Decoder and Renderer for you dac.

2 Likes

In Roon’s settings → services, you can define Tidal’s streaming resolution. Is this set to max?

1 Like

Arlen, You’re a genius. It was this. :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.