Help on importing albums and also too much -db headroom affecting sound

So how does it sound in eco mode, is it still overloading the speakers

hi there
yes it is better, thanksā€¦iā€™d tried it this way before, too (going back and forth, experimenting)
ā€¦headroom is -10db. (pls see screenshot below)
ā€¦ifi micro idsdā€™s volume is now 10am (in eco mode)ā€¦spl metre shows about 75db
ā€¦however when dsp settings turned off, the spl metre jumps about 10db to mid 80s.
( i guess that jump makes sense since iā€™d be removing the -10 db headroom adjustment when DSP is turned off?)

that ifi micro idsd is a powerful little bugger.

Iā€™m interested. Any chance of screenshots of you EQ settings and speaker settings.

Right. Iā€™ve been having a think about this properly and this is where I have got to:

• At full volume rotation and eco and 0db on the monitors the monitors should be pumping out full volume (ignoring the 6db boost)
  • The iFi in preamp mode should give you between -infintiy and 0db (i.e no volume to full speaker vol) so at 12pm on the vol knob should give you roughly half vol (assuming a sensible type pot)
  • I think that using headroom adjustments rather than the analogue vol knob is probably not ideal, the preamp is designed to do exactly this job (you wouldnā€™t worry about having vol set at 10pm on an integrated)
  • I suspect the when ifi said that 3pm was ideal, it was probably discussing the best way to get headphone performance (with the various modes)

Just my thoughts. I would probably use the volume knob for what it is designed for and avoid using too much db cut in digital.

Iā€™m not an expert though and may be worth getting the opinion of iFi or others in this forum.

thanks, Matthewā€¦appreciate your time and imput.
cheers!