Help us test localized metadata! 🌏

To me this shows that translation of “metadata” (be it artist names or names of “songs” or anything else) should only be done by the owners of the releasing authority of the recording.

Furthermore, the idea of translating meta-data seems typical for Anglo-Saxon “culture” and is in my honest opinion a waste of resources. Leave metadata (specifically Names) unchanged and defined by the releasing authority, please. Transliteration from one alphabet to another may be another matter.

These resources could better be used to ensure (master) data Quality in the Roon music Database. As an example: at this moment the now playing symbol disappears when you find a new recording in Qobuz, start playing it, and add it to your library after a couple of songs. This is clearly due because at the moment of addition to your library the Roon Universe does no longer understand that the Qobuz and Library entries are 2 appearances of the same object, and that the Library appearance should take precidence. There are many such problems in the Roon data universe. One other is that (Qobuz) recordings in your library are not shown with edited genres.

If these issues were solved at Roon data architecture level, adding additional “names” in different languages (or alphabets) would become relatively easy to implement.

Please redirect resources accordingly.

Roon has many good idea’s, localized Names is not one of them.

1 Like

My intermediate valuation of the new feature is really positive.

It is not harming any functionality. Multi-language content and artist names etc. works fine if available.

There is still some linking to be done in the databases. E.g. “Berlin Symphonic Orchestra” still pops up with two Qobuz albums whereas everything else is also found under “Berliner Symphoniker” (except those two). Is this something “we” can do?