HifiBerry Digi+ PRO

The Dietpi is a simple, very straightforward solution, with a menu-based installation. Works very well - I have now three pi’s running.

1 Like

+1. DietPi rocks.

1 Like

Another possible contender to the pro might be the Pi2 Design 502DAC. It has AES output.

From the Pi2 team: “502SPD is replaced by our 502DAC with combined digital and analog functionality. Final revision is underway and we’ll have units beginning of March.”

Will it have AES output? " we use a 6.35mm jack for space reasons, but will supply a 6.35mm to XLR male adapter with each unit."

Not sure if this will rival the pro version for sound?

Hifiberry digi+ pro’s are out of stock in Canada. So I have to wait anyways before I can order anything.

I am running a Rpi3 with Dietpi and RoonBridge installed. It is working flawlessly.

I have ordered a Digi+ Pro HAT and it should be arriving any day now.

Is attaching the Digi+ Pro to the Rpi3 a simple plug and play operation?

Or do I need to add additional software and change configuration settings in Dietpi?

Thanks!

Attaching the Digi+ Pro is a simple plug operation, but in order to play, you’ll need to configure the hardware. Fortunately, in Dietpi, it’s very easy. Just log in and issue the dietpi-config command. Choose option 2 (Audio options), select the Soundcard option, and then select the hifiberry-digi-pro to set it up.

Thank you Geoff! I just did a “dry run” (the Digi+Pro has not arrived yet) and it is indeed as simple as you just described. Thanks!!!