High resolution audio from Amazon

Let’s be positive. Tidal, Qobuz, and Amazon, all using Roon would be a powerful combination. I would definitely do a lifetime Roon subscription.

3 Likes

Same problem here - I don’t want everything upsampled.

1 Like

I also want to be able to use my phone and iPad to control the music. Don’t think Amazon is going to make their own app to do this. They’d rather have you control the music for their own Echo devices.

I have the Amazon Music app on my iPhone, iPad, and Dell laptop. Listening to John Lennon 24/96 on my laptop right now.

They better honor my lifetime subscription if they do!

Unfortunately Spotify has a poor record of addressing bugs. They had an issue with not being able to use the SD card on Android phones for downloads which persisted for years and which eventually persuaded me to move to Tidal, I’m really pleased I made the move, but if Roon were to tied up with Amazon too, I’d love to try it as a Prime member,saving considerable amounts of money.

1 Like

Yes but you cant use the phone app to control playback on devices it controls the phone only. Same for the pc app just controls the PC. So atm not great for multiroom.

Does Spotify even allow playlists to be alphabetized? I complained about this years ago but I see their desktop app still forces you to alphabetize
manually playlists .
Ridiculous !

Well this is where Amazon wants to sell you Echo devices. Can use phone or iPad to send Echo. I assume by tomorrow they will have hi-res versions to send to your dac. Probably have multi-room as well. They already sell the Echo link with optical and coaxial output. They just needs to upgrade that to 192k.

Why do you think we’re asking for an Amazon/Roon integration? Anyway, for now, I use the Bose Soundtouch app from my iPhone, iPad, or Dell XPS 15 to stream to my Bose system.

Martin, it is quite obvious from your self-description that you are NOT an audiophile. I say this because you lack the essential quality of a true audiophile: continuous dissatisfaction.

Audiophiles cull the lighted and dark regions of the Internet, searching for better kit. Once found, they itch and twitch until that kit is purchased. If it disappoints, no one will know except him/her. If it satisfies, however, that SQ (or sex appeal, or whatever attracts) becomes the new standard, and the quest begins anew.

Your sentences say it all: “I’m very very happy. I wouldn’t change a thing.”

[Rampant sarcasm :slight_smile: ]

7 Likes

Hear, hear! :+1:

2 Likes

In other words, how can I waste more money on an inperceptible inprovement in sound quality (different, not necessarily better). It’s a compulsion. At some point, enough is enough for most rational thinking people.

… it’s widely accepted that compulsions eventually lead to drug abuse.

So it’s a wicked road to travel. :slight_smile:

It’s too late John. The Vino Rosso already’s got me! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I think it’s fair to say that us lot are very far from rational James… :dizzy_face:

1 Like

I’m still curious how many divorces were a result of this compulsive behavior?

I guess that’s suppose to be a bad thing. Amazon has had a music service for years. What data useful to anybody are they harvesting? Considering I buy thousands of dollars of products from them yearly. Is them knowing what music I listen to supposed to hurt me some how?

While the Amazon Music HD seems to be very popular, but I am not sure if the Amazon can provide ready-made API for 3rd party integration? If not, then we may be in for a long wait.

I am not saying it will hurt you personally. It is just scary that one company has completely changed the retailer markets in many branches (books, CDs, electronics etc), and this has large influence on how inner cities work or not, is now listening in many homes with their electronics, and basically knows what large numbers of people have bought over years on the net. Also, AWS has by far the largest market share for cloud services. In Germany it was a big outcry when it came out that the Police stores video footage from manifestations on AWS servers. But the argument was that amazon simply provides the best service. To me all that combined is worrisome. That is why I don’t like that A is now also in this field of business and may crush Qobuz etc.
just my 2 cents, cheers.

Edit: we all want services and products that work great. And we prefer to pay as little as possible. But economies of scale are real, they favor the big companies, and over time make smaller ones to disappear. Just the fact that amazon enters the business of hi Rez and many on the board say that tidal and qobuz are doomed tells a lot about the power of A. Imagine working for qobuz. That feeling to be t the mercy of A must be quite scary.

1 Like