Highlighted lyrics

I find lyrics with highlighted text of what is current line on singing is working properly on ipad. But I don’t see it on my android phone. What decides lyrics working properly? Appreciate some input.

Scrolling lyrics have never been available on Android, afaik.

Thanks. Hope it will be available in the future. Other than ipad, any other option to have scrolling lyrics?

Pc or mac or on a networked TV.

1 Like

I thought it worked on windows before. I just tried now. It is not scrolling.

Wait, what? Unless I’m confused about the topic, it works just fine on my samsung tablet.

But you’re right that it doesn’t work on my s10 phone. Never tried before on the phone.

Look closely at the lyrics pictogram and you‘ll see the difference:

EDIT:
Alright, I’m seeing just now, that these specific lyrics are available as scrolling text, but are only displayed as such when in the “now playing” screen on a tablet, PC, or using a web display.

1 Like

She wolf is a scrolling lyrics though. It scrolls on my iPad but I didn’t test it on windows though I see no reason why it shouldn’t.
Though mine is the Tidal version, I wonder if that makes any difference…

Exactly. Real time lyrics only scroll in Now Playing. Thankfully, Roon left a non-karaoke version viewable in Track > Lyrics

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. I can see now it is scrolling on my windows laptop. The key thing is I have to get out from list view and click on the song. I guess it is called ‘now playing’. Good to know that just microphone icon means lyrics and with clock means scrolling.

Curious. Is roon providing or qobuz providing lyrics or lyrics with scrolling? If I wanted to see on 7.6 inch foldable phone in the future, does Roon has to provide or qobuz? I can’t see ‘now playing’ screen showing any lyrics at all on the phone. Thanks again.

Roon supplies the lyrics, which are licensed from a third-party provider.

You can view lyrics on your phone (via the “3 dots” menu on the Now Playing screen), but it’s always a static view, even for time-based lyrics.

1 Like

Thanks. I am hoping Roon will start showing dynamic lyrics on phone as well. My phone is foldable and there is decent screen size.