HighResAudio as a Roon service

EXACTLY like roon…

Thank God!
That’s just what a advantage is.
For that reason, it sounds extremely clear.

Same here, HRA is willing to work with Roon to have their streaming service fully integrated.
Up to us to apply a “gentle pressure” on Roon to accept the deal :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is MQA! Roon is listed as a software player but as ‘TBC’…

HRA started their streaming service.

Will that service be integrated in Roon?

Ask HRA!!!

I ask Roon!!!

Of course you do because you know they will answer, and you know what the answer will be. The unknown quantity in this is HRA. And experience has shown pressure for this needs to come from customers. So at the very least, ask HRA as well!!

If I knew their answer I would not ask them!!!

HRA replied to my request.
They have been in contact with Roon 6 month ago and gave them their documentation and API for integration.
They say Roon basically agreed to an integration but they also confirm they have no influence when Roon will start the work.
I cross my fingers that a HRA integration will happen.

All my fingers crossed too. Tidal is not for me and I’ve given up hope of Qobuz integrating with Roon, so if HRA could be brought on board that would be wonderful.

1 Like

Highresaudio is available now within the new Audirvana Windows version.
Roon integration is work in progress…

I’m just getting a gander at the Highresaudio streaming - and I’m not sure if present 32 API is well written and is good enough optimized.
Especially when playing and exploring simultaneously.
I suppose, that there is still a lot of work to do in Highresaudio…

I use Highres Audio as a streaming service in Audirvana Windows.
I stream via Sonore DLNA connection to my Dac.
24 bit streaming works perfect in this way. Superb sound, like Qobuz.
I use their app only to generate playlists etc…
Highres Audio will be an interesting alternative to Tidal when available in Roon.

I took a 6 month subscription to give it a try. Their cataloq is small. They say it will grow rapidly.

High Res Audio streaming is strong with Classic, Jazz and “Classic Rock and Pop”.

1 Like

There are advertisements in EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE High Res Audio streaming subscription!

And I don’t know - comedy or tragedy?

Money does bad things to people…

My 6 month Test Subscription is cheaper than Tidal or Qobuz.
I pay 16.7€ per month.
Sound Quality is excellent.
But they need to do some work with API stability.

Actually the price for HRA streaming, 16,7 € a month, is well worth the money.
You can stream everything they sell. Everything in 24 bit.
Excluded from streaming are their MQA offerings. No idea why though.

HiRes Audio streaming appears to be only available in a limited number of European countries.

It is in part because back in February 2017 the owner of HRA recognised the potential MQA had to damage his business model. So he said and did a couple of things in the heat of the moment he had to retract later. I suspect MQA is only there as long as he has a contractual obligation to provide it. It was discussed in the MQA General Discussion thread at the time.

1 Like

I’ll pass on this, it cant compete with other services I have, it has too smaller a catalogue and not much i am interested inand over priced for purchases.