HighResAudio as a Roon service

Their cataloq is small. Their start was one month ago.
But what they offer fits my needs perfectly.
I would prefer HRA over Tidal, if available in Roon, anytime.
But then, I would prefer Qobuz over HRA, if they integrate in Roon.
Qobuz and HRA combine their streaming with an online shop.
You can buy at discounts up to 30%. Maybe that is a more solid business modell.

1 Like

But my 6 months HRA subscription is TWICE as expensive as TIDAL !
So - HRA price is abstract.

Six Month Tidal Hifi inkl. MQA will cost you €120.
Six Month HRA 24bit streaming will cost you €100.

I dont compare the Tidal MP3 offerings.

I think Tidal is offering great quality. I say that as a classical music lover. I don’t get it, why people are so against Tidal. Could you explain?

I am not against Tidal.
I want to explore all offers available.
Offers, which may join Roon sooner or later.

1 Like

Not that bright.

Six Month Tidal Hifi inkl. MQA costs me €53. not €120
HRA’s an expensive hurdle :slight_smile:
Look at this picture please (1€= 4,45 PLN today; “miesięcznie” means monthly)
Tidal%20monthly

Roon should just get it over already and enable peer-to-peer library sharing :stuck_out_tongue:

Thats perfect for you.:grinning:
Where I live I have to pay the prices I mentioned above.

Any price comparisons need to have locations declared for transparency then because HRA clearly don’t look as hard as they could at local pricing.

My biggest criticism of Tidal is that a proportion of classical albums on Tidal have tracks out of order - this is simply unacceptable as these albums are effectively unplayable - and yes, I know I could fix the order for listening - but why should I have to!

However, even leaving this point to one side, Qobuz is much better for classical music lovers. Qobuz offers better search facilities for classical music - Tidal search is built around popular music needs. Secondly, on Qobuz, you can also access the booklet - almost all new releases have the booklet available as do many reissues. In particular, for opera, choral and song, the booklet is indispensable. Thirdly, Qobuz, with its Sublime+ subscription, offers a large number of genuinely high resolution albums for streaming which I can play on any equipment, compared with the fairly limited range of MQA albums on Tidal for which I would need to have MQA licensed equipment to take full advantage of.

I can’t find many hires albums that I would listen to on Qobuz or if I do they are 44.1.khz 24 bit so hardly hires. Hopefully they get better but overall I find their hires offering limited and won’t pay the price of entry to stream it when I can get mqa of a.lot of albums I would listen to for no more cash.

If Qobuz and Roon do work together, how is Roon going to be able to present the booklet?

Roon has a way of presenting PDF files for local music, it needs to find the PDF in the album folder.
It would need a new feature for streaming services — even today, I sometimes find text for Tidal albums but there is no way to associate them.

Cover art images can be associated through the database, need the same for PDF.

Put the text in a pdf and store in album folder?? Not convenient but if it really matters to me I do it.

Yes, but for streaming services there is no folder.

True! forgot about that. One solution is to buy the album :grinning:

Roon already can present the booklet for purchased albums - load a PDF file along with the music file and it appears, and is accessible through Roon. Qobuz have the booklet available on their streaming apps - Android, IOS and PC. I hope this Qobuz feature will be carried over into any integration with Roon. There would still be the option in an integrated service, if it were not possible to access the booklet through Roon to continue to do so through the Qobuz app.

If Roon decide to support Jottacloud as an example, that will be feasable.

+1 for HRA streaming. :slight_smile:

Update on HRS:
the now have the nucleus and nucleus + in their own shop.
Lothar is still looking to work with roon :wink:

cheers
Armin