HighResAudio as a Roon service

I left Tidal behind, hoping HRA will be available in roon :wink: for now I just buy the albums.

Best regards,

Michael

I use HRA with Audirvana Windows.
That HRA API is still in alpha status. So many bugs.

100% agree!
And they even donā€™t try to develop itā€¦

When does the integration of HIGHRESAUDIO into Roon come?

Roon arenā€™t the people to ask. Contact HRA Audio and ask them and if they want to talk about any integration, or lack of it they will.

Oh, I have spoken with a guy from HRA some days ago. He said, that Roon has promised the integration twice but nothing is happens: ā€œRoon has had our API and documentation since 2017. We have been promised many times that we will be integrated into roon. Unfortunately only empty promises.ā€

In that case it would be a case of being put in the queue behind Qobuz and mobile working assuming what he says is correct. Qobuz is delivered and mobile working is on its way but these are major projects so they havenā€™t happened quickly.

It is? /10char

If you can point to any suggestion it isnā€™t then go ahead. I havenā€™t seen it but then mobile working isnā€™t essential to me so itā€™s a subject matter I wouldnā€™t be reading.

Didnā€™t say it isnā€™t, but if it is itā€™s news to me, hence my asking.

This was addressed by @danny a year ago, so unless things have changed, it probably stands:

1 Like

HIā€¦just because they are the same ā€œrateā€ it doesnt mean the other companies have a studio master

This is quite good. It explains the above under ā€œQuality Ensured and 100% guaranteedā€ https://www.highresaudio.com/uploads/This_is_HIGHRESAUDIO.pdf

Hi, sorry for the dumb question, I have just installed my Roon trial version and about
HighResAudio.com nothing at all.
Any news about that?
This is because Iā€™m HRA user and Iā€™d like to have itā€¦ isnā€™t it.
Tks Giovanni.

1 Like

There has never been any mention of this from Roon. Unless HRA provide Roon with what they need to integrate the service like Qobuz and Tidal it wonā€™t happen. Roon is not AudirVana which just uses the supplied APIs there infrastructure is a lot more integrated and requires more than just this to work.

1 Like

Tks 1000ā€¦so no wayā€¦sad.
Giovanni

Never say never, but at the moment itā€™s a no.

itā€™s been a long time since ā€¦
Tks Giovanni.

Every time I have contact with them, they say they are trying but Roon just arenā€™t interested

I wrote to roon , we all shall do itā€¦
Now Iā€™m looking for Volumio ,it has HRA and I was told sounds betterā€¦?
Giovanni

Sounding better is highly subjective. I tried Volumio once, removed it after 15mins bloody horrible experience.