HighResAudio as a Roon service

Would be nice if roon could Integrate HRA into roon.

But wow their streaming service with the 30% discount for purchases is pricy. (249€ year)

It’s more expensive than qobuz sublime (200€ year)

While purchasing albums is cheaper on qobuz as well.

Selection is poor too last time I looked.

Has anything changed in the subject?

Hi @Tomek_Brodecki,
A quick scan of this topic confirms not.
If it were to happen then most likely the first we would know about it would be in the release notes.

Still nothing going on? Audirvana for example has Highresaudio integrated since a long time.
And especially as ROON users are using more sophisticated HiFi equipment they use high resolution services.

They considerably decreased their prices making it far more interesting. Now it’s 149,- a year plus 25,- voucher

@enno Still no interest of Roon? HRA has been evolving nicely over the years and more Roon users are seeking high quality content.

Yes, Audirvana for example has Highresaudio integrated since a long time. I am still waiting for the integration of HRA into ROON! Only two votes here are too less to get attention.

2 Likes

There are others with a large number of votes that gets no attention too - so votes doen’t matter much. But HRA would be really a great addition as it’s having such a high quality catalogue.

1 Like

It’s been said so many times integration in Roon is a two way street. Roon need to see it as being worthwhile investment of their time and resources, will it help maintain and grow the userbase? Is the service in question capable and willing to provide Roon with what it needs to integrate like its other services. They don’t use just services api like hardware and Audivarna do if they did it would not be Roon integration.

HRA has limited regional coverage, its catalogue is very limited and majority of it is covered elsewhere it really doesn’t offer anything new other than audiophile bluster on their website believe that if you must. But more importantly I doubt very much they have the resources to provide Roon with what they want which is the major roadblock in any of this. Have you asked HRA if they have shown interest in being on Roon as it’s as much up to them as Roon?

Sure any added service to Roon should provide a value to its users. HRA is definitely encouraged to provide ROON with what it needs.
Not sure why you claim it doesn’t have any value?! Seems you haven’t paid attention to them in detail. And you doubt very much about their intentions etc even though having talked to them at all.
I have been in contact with them over a long time and there are also some areas ROON has to address obviously:

(Removed statement as this was based on a private chat not intended for public)

Who wrote this statement? What security leak are they talking about?

That was part of a conversation with Lothar from HRA, he is founder and CEO. From what I know you & the Roon team are in contact with him anyway so I think no need to elaborate details in public.

This is a severe accusation he’s made, and I know nothing about it. I assume you had his permission to repost his statement.

Maybe let him know that you’ve done this and let him respond with clarification if these are indeed his words.

I just updated the my previous post as his statement wasn’t intended for public usage. As already stated you/the team are in contact anyway to sort this out and evaluate in more detail.