How am I now getting iPhone 15 Pro Max Lossless?

OK, going to make a third attempt to wave the flag here! :slightly_smiling_face: I fully own my own impulsive post and oversight—I know better to look for “enhanced” in the signal path to know what’s happening under the hood. I’m going to choose to be wrong, happy and peacemaking in this case—although I would like to humbly offer that despite my appearance here, I am a technically advanced user, and the MQA signal path as presented has tripped up others before me (see the link below).

It’s really not important at all. In the most user-friendliest of worlds, Roon would be indicating the sampling rate accurately that it’s sending to the DAC, based on it’s own archive of commonly-used devices (of which the iPhone is surely one of the most). I’d like to see it indicate when the software unfold is active in the signal path or not, especially given the degree of detail it offers pertaining to the processing steps going on when DSPs are active.

But apparently, since the issue has been reported now for only the second time since 2018, I’m gonna opt for putting my tall between my legs and crawling out of here as silently as possible, before I succumb to the last remaining vestiges of my dignity! Again, thanks for bringing me back from the shattered hopes of lossless capability for this $1,500 phone, 10-4, over and out.