How can i "like" one track from Tidal?

For example, track was picked by Roon Radio and i want to “like” just that track to get back later… But “like” (heart) icon just not there. I must add whole album to the library first and only after that i can “like” the track. Maybe i just didn’t find that feature?

3 Likes

I doubt you are missing something. You also cannot like songs from playlists if the album isn’t in the library. The whole system seems to be seriously flawed, but no one seems to care…

3 Likes

I don’t see the issue with putting an album from tidal in your library for one track. It’s just a marker for the album. Adding a single takes the same space in your UI.

1 Like

Yes, but “like” album is not the same as “like” track. Because then i browse my favorite albums, i want to see just that, but not the albums with one good song. When i added album in the Roon UI it become favorited in the Tidal app. The other thing is when i “like” track in the Tidal app, it is added to Roon like one track from the album, and we see the oposite problem - in UI it looks like album with just one song (on the picture) =) The logic approach here is when Roon shows me the album with one “liked” track in both cases. Something is wrong in Roon’s UI with that, as i see it…

And one more thing - i just want to be able to “like” the song from Tidal with one click, just like i can do with local tracks.

3 Likes

For Roon to recognise a like a track it has to be in your database. If the artist hasn’t released said song as a single track then I’m not sure what can be done here.

Add a track to the Roon DB - ok, no problem. But do not push me to favor whole album to do that. At least do not add album to favorites in Tidal. But when i liked one track from the album - show me the whole album with one “liked” track selected. It is just like the Tidal itself handles “one liked track frpom the album” situation.

4 Likes

I also want to like only a single track of an album without set the heart for the whole album, which is not so interesting for me. When will this nice feature come?

I have found no way to like a track in the daily mixes. I detect a good song - and this is not possible?! I know I can add a track to a playlist but that is not the solution for me here.

2 Likes

Just add the single track to your library and then favourite it.

This is what I came here to say. I’m new to Roon, just at the end of my trial, and that is one thing I’ve learned - you can add a single track to your library and then the heart on the track shows up so that you can select it. Also, when you go to album view, you only see the track(s) that you added. Below that you’ll see a link to view the entire album on whatever service the track was added from.

On a separate note, is there a way to view only incomplete albums in your library? Often I’ll add a track as I’m listening to it but then I want to go back and take a look at the album later to see if the whole thing is worth adding to my library. I guess one way would be to tag the track but is there another way?

Update: I found an acceptable solution using both -Contiguous tracks and track count < 5 in focus on the album page and then save as a bookmark. There’s so much more to learn about this app. Two weeks is not really long enough. I’m really enjoying it other than some annoying bugs.

How to do that? E. g. I am in the daily mix and have found a single track which I want to add to the library … I see no option to add it to my library.