How can I make metadata like this? There is the total time as an aggregation of each individual track

Content you’re reporting an issue with

How can I make metadata like this?

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

No, I would like to replicate this bevhaviour for when I digitize analogue content myself.

Is the album identified in Roon?

Yes

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Tidal, yet I would like to use this same type of metadata for my local files.

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

I would like to replicate this behaviour for my very own analogue to digital conversions.

What you are seeing is the result of Roon treating the individual tracks as parts of a complete work. You can get the same result by using WORK and PART metadata tags in your track files.

Get yourself a third-party metadata editor, e.g. Mp3tag or dBpoweramp and read this article:

If you’re on MacOS, another good alternative is Yate. Although the learning curve is somewhat steep, it does offer quite some possibilities.
I don’t have a lot of classical music in my collection so I haven’t tried it, but the do seem to have a plug-in specifically to support Roon’s Work and Part tags.

Is there any documentation on Roon's Work and Part tags? sic

What are you looking for that is not already in the File Tag Best Practice link provided by Geoff_Coupe?

1 Like

Something that can enable me to write a Roon plug-in that will make metadata editable from within Roon.

1 Like

That will require the use of the Roon API. Not sure though how extensive this is and if you could actually integrate something in the UI.

I recommend you check the Roon API section of the community.

SongKong understands classical works and movements and writes the WORK, WORKID and PART metdata so works with Roon, also understands multilevel works and writes the SECTION field when needed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.