How is Voice Search in ARC?

Only once did I manage to play an album (but I don’t remember whether the title corresponded to a track or not).
In any case, this evening I will do some further tests and provide timestamps and details on the requests made

1 Like

@michael

timestamp 2024/04/29 18.50 CEST

play the album “Reset” by “Negrita” = OK (the album does not have a track with the same title)
play the album “Pitfalls” by “Leprous” = OK (the album does not have a track with the same title)
play the album “BE” by “Pain of Salvation” = OK (the album does not have a track with the same title)
plays the album “Breackfast in America” by “Supertramp” = KO (started the track)
plays the album “The Morning Never Came” by “swallow the Sun” = KO (did nothing) - First Attempt
plays the album “Back in Black” by “AC/DC” = KO (did nothing) - First attempt
plays the album “Mosaic” by “Theocracy”= KO (started the track)
plays the album “Back in Black” by “AC/DC” = KO (did nothing) - Second attempt
play the album “Damnation” by “Opeth” = OK (the album does not have a track with the same title)
plays the album “Memorial” by “Soen” = KO (started the track)
plays the album “Back in Black” by “AC/DC” = KO (started the track) - Third attempt
plays the album “The Morning Never Came” by “swallow the Sun” = KO (did nothing) - Second Attempt

all local files

2 Likes

I have tried to give Siri a bit of a workout:

“Hey Siri Play For Her Light by Fields Of The Nephilim” - Worked on first attempt
“Hey Siri Play Elizium by Fields Of The Nephilim” - Did not work, Siri started Roon Radio by Fields Of The Nephilim. I tried multiple times with the same result. This is an album.

Next I tried “Hey Siri Play the album Elizium by Fields Of The Nephilim” - She failed miserably :grin: and played Elysium by Blank & Jones of the chilltronica ep. This happens every time without fail.

If I ask for any album by Fields of The Nephilim I’ll get Roon Radio by Fields of The Nephilim.

I’ll give some other artists a workout when I have some spare time in my car.

1 Like

@michael
No improvements with build 269.
I tried again with the same albums as the previous test and the track was played for all 4 (I explicitly asked for the album).

timestamp 2024/05/06 19.09 CEST

Breakfast in America by Supertramp
Back in Black by AC/DC
Mosaic by Theocracy
The Morning Never Came by Swallow the Sun

@Daniele_Piancastelli

There were some changes in the search service we had to revert as they were breaking search for lots of folks in EA, so this album/track confusion case fix was unfortunately reverted. Working on a fix. Thanks for checking.

2 Likes

Is voice search meant to work in car mode (i.e. using Google maps in the car on the phone) or just with cars with Android Auto? If the former, it has never worked for me Google replies with “you can play this on X, Y or Z which service do you want?” and none of the services offered are Roon ARC. Maybe I’m misunderstanding something about this functionality :man_shrugging: Samsung S22, Android 14, B266.

Roon 2.0 build 1410 / ARC 270:
Siri no plays albums when requested. I tried Several with track names, the same as the album name and worked each time.

Much improved! Now, we need to teach Siri to pronounce Roon correctly When she says “now playing on Roan ARC”

Thanks for your feedback. Which albums did you search and what happened? If you could provide a specific timestamp, we can look into it deeper.

The “Roan” ARC is killing me too! We’ve tried several ways to fix, but Siri really doesn’t want to learn.

Apparently Roon doesn’t have the same pull as Barbra: :grinning:

“Play the album Paul Simon” gives songs by Paul Simon instead of the album.
“Play the album The 1975” gives the 1975 radio not the album

I’m finding voice control via Android Audio a pleasant experience now it’s working for me.

As per @ged_hickman1 , needs a bit more work to give precise requests.

“Play Slipknot by Slipknot” just plays Slipknot songs in random order. That’s fine, but need it to play specific albums.

Will try again later.

“Play Slipknot by Slipknot” just plays Slipknot songs in random order. That’s fine, but need it to play specific albums.

Can you give this a shot when you get a moment? I couldn’t reproduce this case on iOS or Android. It loaded up the album for me.

1 Like

Hi @michael

Sincere apologies, I was meant to post back.

Give precise artist and album and it plays perfectly :+1:

I’m yet to have an issue :pray::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

@michael With the latest build EA 273, I confirm that now these work correctly, always playing the album👍🏻

2 Likes

Great news! @Daniele_Piancastelli and @Menzies
This is our first cut of the feature and we hope to expand this in the future. So if you have more feedback, I’m all ears.

Thanks for the time you’ve all taken to test. It’s made the production release all the better for it :muscle:

2 Likes