How to combine ROCK HQ-Player

Roon Core Machine

ROCK on Cirrus7 with i7 10th Gen.16 RAM 500 SSD, 1TB SSD Second Slot … really good.
MacMini Late 2014 I7 3Ghz 16 RAM with DC-Power.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Fritzbox 7590( modified with LPS)…Uptone Etherregen with Farad3 LPS

Connected Audio Devices

Uptone Etherregen / Farad3….NCF LAN…to …Cirrus7Nimbini…Neotech Copper USB to Denafrips DDC….Tubulus Argentus HDMI to Denafrips Terminator II

Library Size

18000 Tracks

Description of Issue

I want to use the Cirrus Nimbini only for the HQ-Player and … either the MacMini as Roon Core or a smaller Cirrus as Roon Rock.

My questions … can I combine a MacMini for Roon and a NUC in my network? What do I have to do, that HQ-Player is visible in the Roon software or vice versa Roon in the HQ- Player.

And, . do I need Linux or Windows for installing the HQ-Player exclusive on the Cirrus.

Hope I could explain my target :slight_smile: Thank for your support and help.

No, you can just dump HQPlayer OS image on a small USB memory stick, boot it up and you are done.

It is a bit like Roon Rock, but instead a custom built OS for running HQPlayer Embedded.

1 Like

Here is where you can find the image that Jussi mentions, to burn to USB stick (using etcher):

Index of /bins/hqplayerd/images/

You also need to point Roon to it. Just find the IP address of the HQP OS machine and point Roon to it with the IP address here: