How to connect amplifier/streamer Yamaha r-n2000a?

Hello everybody

I am using a new Yamaha r-n2000a amplifier with dac and streamer. In the Yamaha web site this product

is supported by Roon but I cannot see it on my network

How I can add my streamer in Roon?
Thanks
Marco

Roon Tested usually means it is qualified, and recognised by Roon, when connected with an USB cable. (As a DAC)
If it were qualified/branded Roon Ready it would be recognised as a RAAT capable endpoint on the network.

Do you have an endpoint which talks RAAT? (a ropieee Pi, Wiim Pro, etc etc) Connect it to the Yamaha by USB, or directly from a Roon-enabled computer, and it will show up in Roon as an endpoint.

Edit: It does speak AirPlay so should be visible under that section in Roon, even if this is in some ways, a compromise.

2 Likes

@Marco_Fullone, in addition to what @Mikael_Ollars noted, the R-N2000A uses Yamaha’s MusicCast system which allows other streaming systems to work with it. MusicCast also supports Apple’s AirPlay, which is another aspect of Roon Tested systems.

If the R-N-2000A is showing on your network and MusicCast or AirPlay is activated on the amplifier, you should see it as an AirPlay option within Roon’s Audio options, which you then can Enable.

Also, your Wiim Pro has both an TOSLINK as well as coaxial SPDIF output that can be connected to the corresponding input on the amplifier.

1 Like

Dear Mikael

Thanks for your kind answer.
I don’t use Apple Airplay because it is not really high quality type of streaming. MusicCast works with Qobuz so I do not not need another way to stream music.
My nuk with room is connected yet via USB to another hi-fi system (pre Anthem STR)

Finally I decided to connect my Wiin Pro to Yamaha via coax, in this way a I can use the beautiful Roon interface to stream my favorite music.
It is so strange that a cheap streamer like WiiM pro is a real Roon device connected with the network but Yamaha (that is a sophisticated audiophile ampli and streamer with DAC) works with room only if I connect a PC via USB.
Cheers from Italy
Marco

1 Like

Its not really that strange. To be Roon Ready, Yamaha would have had to add the Roon network code into that device. And, then go through a certification process with Roon. You might ask them why they didn’t want to add it to their product.

But i do see that you have an Oppo BDP-20x? That device IS Roon Ready and might, just might, be the better sounding solution.
(Assuming it’s analog outputs are connected to the Yamaha)

Its a BDP-105D which is not Roon Ready. Also, that stack looks to use an Anthem Amp. So maybe the Yamaha is in another system?

1 Like

Ah, sorry, my bad… But i did assume, like you, that the Yamaha might not be in the same system.