How to distribute and duplicate 1 zone while preserving DAC / upsampling rates?

I sure could use some guidnace

I have one zone. This audio zone is running through a Roon Nuc, Chord TT connected to a Chord M Scaler. These reside in a rack with several amplifiers. I have 1 pair of RCA’s coming out of the M-Scaler.

My question, is there a audio switch or matrix device I can purchase which can preserve and duplicate Zone one which is processed by the Chord resolutions up to 32 bit 768kHz or DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, and DSD512 formats to preserve and distribute to other rooms.

I hope this is not confusing. Not looking to add zones or end points but to duplicate and preserve audio from Zone one without losing resolution.

The Audio/Video switches I found do not really address hifi or music resolutions or audio output well. Has anyone used an audio switch after music has been converted or upsampled?

I can add always roon end points and buy more expensive DAC’s (audio gear) but I would prefer as an option to preserve the existing Chord’s processing sound and have the ability to distribute exactly as is.

Sure appreciate if somone could quickly chime in on a potential solution.
Thanks - Roon Rocks

Two Y cables?

Or -

Or -

1 Like

thank you - Will give it a try. I have an old Key digital - matrix switch, 7-8 years old based on the audio distribution, I do not think it is is handing off (after the split) the left and right signals as they were originally processed.

Pretty sure others will have some more advice.

I used Belden XLR Y-cables for awhile. In my case the switch wouldn’t have let me accomplish what I wanted since since I wanted both sides on the Y legs operating simultaneously. Looks like a dandy device though.

I did a complete cabling reconfiguration this year.

There is a simple answer and then there is an “audiophile” answer.

The simple answer is Y cables everywhere or 1 in X out type box. All of those solutions will attenuate the analog signal to some degree. That’s just simple physics. You cannot split a signal and get the exact same signal on the other end. Now, maybe, the only difference is a little bit of voltage drop and you can compensate with more amp (turn the volume up) but there isn’t a way, without testing, to identify if that drop is the same across the frequency band so “shrug”.

Also, remember that there is no such thing as “bit rate” or “resolution” on the analog side of your gear. What you are hearing is changes in the analog signal at that point. This is why nothing of this type will give you these numbers. They are all “full resolution” but if that was absolutely true there would be no reason to evaluate pre-amps as they would all sound the same.

And… a set of pre-amps that utilize an output buffer and/or gain stage is probably what you want. It won’t be entirely transparent to the source but it will allow you to better match impedance and output voltage with whatever is on the other side. That’s the audiophile answer as selecting your pre-amp in this situation becomes like any other electronics selection as you balance transparency, colorization, etc.

Good luck.

2 Likes