How to enable Dirac Live with roon

Hello Mike,

I responding to your query, I hope my reply is accurate, and it is based on my system and OS. Just to be clear, my OS is OSX10.10.5/Mac Mini. Dirac Live is the Full program. And you have not identified what OS, etc. you employ. Also I am not familiar with your components. Now that I have covered what I don’t know, from my experience, roon and Dirac Live (Full) works as Patrick and I exchanged in our posts with the setup that allows roon to function as intended. Change the conventional results in a different operational UI, i.e., the controls and timeline etc disappears and thus I am unable to stop start backward forward etc. You need only set your system as you want and then determine whether or not you can do so and still control roon’s operation. The salient point is that when employing Dirac Live, for me, Dirac Live must be the Zone selected or I can not control playback. AND in the actual Dirac Live program that is where I direct Dirac Live to the device I wish to play through. AND it is not roon but Dirac Live’s program where I regulate the Filter Gain, and other parameters. For me, doing other does NOT work.

I realize I am stating what is obvious for me based on my system and not specifically addressing your system (hardware/software) and your specific question.

What happens if you employ Dirac and select a Zone other than Dirac? The proof is in the pudding. What pudding is on the menu when you set your system to operate as you prefer? Let us know, if you care to.

Best,
Richard