How to fry an SSD

That is easy, just like the spring rolls

Cozonac and muraturi are my line.

1 Like

No problem what so ever!!

2 Likes

Itā€™s worth noting that on a 2 slot electric toaster you can fit 4 SSDs.

And this caught my eye

5 Likes

LOL, we all must be bored and looking for entertainment today.

How about deep fried turkey and SSD?

My momā€™s specialty is Belgian Waffles. There is a process that MUST be followed. She only starts cooking them when you are standing there with a plate ready to eat. Donā€™t dawdle, timing is everythingā€¦

2 Likes

hold my plate pls, Iā€™ll get the chocolate

2 Likes

I see you boys are still at it :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I believe they thermal throttle to help protect themselves. Itā€™s still a good idea to use a heat sink if you can.

For startersā€¦ Not leaving free spaceā€¦ it is good practice over provision, leave 10% as unformatted free space.

1 Like

This must be the dead-pan humor Iā€™ve been hearing about

2 Likes

Groan :laughing:

Iā€™m pleased to say that Iā€™m up and running cool now.

2 Likes

We all use personal ssd/nvmeā€™s which are built different than enterprise SSDā€™s, and 2 of the differences is how the ssd is overprovisioned and the endurance level of the device.
Check out how the ssd writes data, it is much different than how data is written to an hdd. SSDā€™s can only write data X amount of times to the same area before it canā€™t write to that area anymore. Also, check out ā€œwrite amplificationā€ on ssd. This is the primary reason why I think itā€™s not very smart for music servers to use ssd for caching. Cheap personal SSDā€™s are not overprovisioned for this kind of activity and will wear out the ssd in a much shorter period of time than with normal use. This is also why apple was having problems with their SSDā€™s failing when you purchase the 8G ram m1 macs, the paging (same type of activity the music servers do when caching) that was occurring on the ssd and had many ssd failures.
I have a dozen years working with 1 of the largest solid state/hdd manufacturers doing work with the largest enterprises in the world using solid state devices in their production servers.

3 Likes