How To Install Windows 11 on Roon Nucleus

Hopefully it will never come to this, but if the worst happens, what is involved in installing Windows 11 on a Roon Nucleus (Rev B)? If Roon ceases to work sometime in the future, I would want to install Windows 11 (or then current version) and run Audirvana 3.5 and Apple Music on my Nucleus. Apple is supposed to be releasing a Window version of Apple Music that will play high resolution flac files. I have a beta version but never fool with it.

Thanks for your input.

1 Like

You just create an installation medium for Windows 11, set the bios to boot from it and away you go.
Google is great for such questions …

1 Like

Thanks. Do you know, if I removed the m.2 drive, could I just use the single 1TB SSD that I installed to run Windows, Audirvana, and Apple Music? I don’t have any local music files, so there is no need for the smaller m.2 unless the Nucleus requires it for some reason.

If you don’t have a local library, the M.2 is all you need.

Also, the Nucleus (Intel NUC) must have a trusted platform module to install Windows 11.

1 Like

Maybe, but I would rather use the 1TB SSD than the 114GB m.2 if that’s possible. I don’t know how much space would be needed for Windows 11, Audirvana 3.5, and Apple Music.

Buy another M.2 NVME drive for installing Windows.

AJ

2 Likes

Windows requires 64 GB, so it should be fine. If not, buy another NVME drive, e.g., 256 GB.

To check if you have TPM, connect the Nucleus to a TV or monitor and keyboard, and follow these steps.

1. Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS setup
  2. Go to Advanced Settings > Security Menu

If the following option is available, you’re good. Only use this step if you intend to install Windows 11.

1. From the security features menu, check the Intel® Platform Trust Technology box
1 Like

But, does anyone know if the Nucleus can operate without the m.2 drive and use the already paid for and installed 1TB SSD drive for Windows 11, Audirvana, and Apple Music? This would be the obvious way to go for me if it is possible.

I don’t know what TPM is.

As mentioned in my first post, trusted platform module (TPM) is necessary to install Windows 11.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for your responses. Hopefully, it will never come to this.

Mods can close this thread if you want to.