How to place tags on tracks in tracks listing

I have several thousand tracks in my tracks listing in Roon,some of which are from iTunes and some of which are from an external hard drive to which I transferred the tracks from my Olive server. In case of the iTunes I have no tag info associated with the tracks since the tracks are from some CDs I created myself and ripped into iTunes. In the case of the Olive server, the tracks are in the WAV format and thus have no tag info. Thus a few questions:

1. Is there anyway I can convert the WAV tracks from the Olive server to Flac and then add the tag into?
  2. Is there anyway I can process the iTunes tracks to add the tag info?
  3. Is there anyway I can group the thousands of tracks into genres and then random play each genre?

I should add that the WAV tracks from the Olive server are much more important since they are of a higher sound quality than the MP 3 files from iTunes.

Thanks in advance for all help.

When I moved my library from WAV to FLAC, I used dbPoweramp and mp3tag. Although, if I had had Roon at the time, I might have left everything in WAV.

Thanks Daniel. It is my understanding that in order to add tag info to wav files you must first convert them to flac. Therefore if you had left the music files you had in roon in the wav format you would have had no tag info. Right?

That is correct, WAV does not have tag information**. And Yes, leaving them as WAV would mean the actual files would still have no tag information.

I did my conversion years before Roon was around, but, I had recently gotten the High Res Peter Gabriel files from his first 4 albums in WAV (part of the buy the vinyl get the download deal). I plunked them in Roon and they were instantly identified. So I have left them as WAV.

** There are some WAV formats which could store meta-data but I have found that these sometimes have horrible compatibility issues.

As just mentioned in another thread, I use MediaMonkey - for (media) file / collection management & the free plug-in for Discogs to ensure accurate tagging.
Works perfectly & is also capable of bulk conversions.