How to preserve MY metadata when moving to Roon

I am full of questions. Here’s one.

1. My metadata has one field for Artist. Much of my music has multiple artists, so I add their names as a string, so For example, my artist field might look like this
    John Smith Barry Jones Jack Armstrong Sonia Nelson Arthur Peterson
    What will Roon do when it sees this? I don’t want to have to edit them in again if I can avoid it.The documentation talks about using nulls as delimiters. It looks like a lot of nulls. So I’m worried I’ll have to re-edit everything.

2. Most of my music has a composer and title. Usually the Title field is filled in nicely and automatically using this convention:
    Composer: Title
    Occasionally the metadata doesn’t come in this way, instead the System does this to the metadata:
    Title
    Artist: Composer
    . I override that and I have edited all my metadata so it follows the more common convention, Composer: Title, and then I remove the composer from the Artist field and add the string of performers as in the example in 1 above.
    I don’t really understand the documentation here. Does it say that Roon will override my editing when it first runs and I will have to go in and re-edit it all over again before I can force Roon to accept my version?

3. I’ve called Artist, Title, etc fields. Does Roon call them File Tags?