How to remove tracks from a playlist?

I have duplicate songs in my playlist and would like to remove them. The user guide suggests I select tracks for editing. If I go to the 3 dots at the left of each track and press delete, it states that the track will be permanently deleted from my hard drive. I just want to delete it from the playlist.

1 Like

You should get the “Remove From Playlist” option if you select the tracks. More information here:

https://kb.roonlabs.com/FAQ:_How_do_I_select_songs_or_albums%3F_What_can_I_do%3F

"Remove From Playlist" should also be on the 3 dots menu, that's a bug and it's fixed for our next release.

@mike beat me to it! Right now, depends on which 3 dots you choose, sounds like that will change in future release.

Playlist handling really is poor and a reason why i am looking for another software than Roon.

Why isn‘t it possible to move songs from one playlist to another and why isn‘t it possible to chose the songs of a complete album without the need to mark all songs individually? There are lots if players outside where you can get a feeling how playlists should be even if the devs of Roon don‘t use them themselves.

Playlists are meant to ease grouping music but here it only is a waste of time unfortunately.

2 Likes

Whilst a “Move” operation in Playlists is not (yet?) possible, you can select multiple items in a Playlist and Add them to another Playlist. Then remove them from the first Playlist - but I agree that’s a second step.

It is possible to choose all songs of a complete album with a single keystroke. In the Album detail view, it’s Ctrl-A (for Windows). The complete list of keyboard shortcuts for Windows and OSX is here.

As i am using roon headless and control it with my ipad i unfortunately have no ctrl + a. I do what you suggested. I add the album to a new playlist and afterwards mark all songs to delete them frm the old playlist. But i doubt it would be a big deal to generate a move function.

But from my experiences with windows i think that ctrl + a will mark the complete playlist and not only a specific album that i want to move or delete from the list.

But maybe i am wrong with this assumption.

On iOS, tap-and-hold any of the tracks. A black bar will appear at the top of your screen. Top left, from the pulldown menu that says ‘1 selected’, choose ‘Select all’.

I’d like to see the option anywhere to “remove from playlist.” Here are screenshots when the ‘3 dots’ are selected – No option to remove individual tracks!!!

1 Like

This is a Tidal playlist, which is curated by Tidal. To edit it, click Save A Local Copy on the menu in your first screenshot. Then edit the local copy