How to set up Roon Server?

Rene & Daniel,

Thanks so much for your help!!! That did the trick!!!

Roon is so bitchen!! What about how RoonServer use to “lock up” my MAC Mini as a server and would not let other Computer processes work…It no longer does that…How can I get that feature back to working like a Roon Server so I don’t have Music gaps when another CPU process fires up???

Thanks again you guys!!

This is how its supposed to look???

1 Like

It looks good to me. Glad you got it working.

How do you like the Yggy?

1 Like

Daniel,

Would still like to learn how to get my Mac mini using RoonServer like it’s supposed to…Run like a dedicated Roon Server…

The Yggy? Well for what it did in my system over the Delta Sigma ESS 9018 Sabre DAC, completely blew me away!

Other folks have told me about the infamous Sabre Glare. I claimed not to hear it! I have two of these DAC’s. One in my Oppo HA-1 DAC/Amp and the other in my Oppo BDP-105 also has the 9018.

What a tremendous difference !!! The Yggy is just so REAL! Maybe a dopy adjective, but I have never heard piano like I hear now…OMG!!! Woodwind instruments sound so life like like I can hear the keys open and close maybe even their Spittle!!!

I think it has no competition regardless of price…and I have learned that I will not ever consider a Delta Sigma DAC for how good the R2R Yggy is!!!

Now they are opening a Brick and Mortar place in Newhall close to where their factory is.

The Big Boys building 5 & 6 figure components are starting to get concerned a new paradigm is under way! Which I think is great because DACs don’t cost anywhere near $20K to build and sell…

I am so impressed with my first piece of Schiit that I am getting a little Bimby for my Desk top system in my Office!

I think they are working on something to be called the Eitr as in crap eater as a USB interface component!

I run my Yggy straight out of my Mac mini’s USB port, but told the AES input sound better. That where I am hoping Schiit makes that converter box.

I am going to the So Cal Can Jam this weekend where I hope to chat with Jason and Mike!

Thanks again Daniel!!!

Cheers,
Larry