HQ Player 4 EC modulators and CUDA

Hi Jussi ,

You nailed it! it was my DSD Source Settings, for SDM conversion the default is set at XFi, when i changed it to WIDE as it was meant to be as per the manual, no more crashing!
Thank you so much!.
While i have your attention, …
…for filters, what would you suggest for more sub bass/Impact / weight ? I’m using Sennheiser HD600 with Denafrips Pontus DAC. Appreciate your help .

Regards!

1 Like

Hi Andy,
Pretty certain my Denafrips Pontus can do 48 khz. But thanks for pointing it out, i will double check. The error turned out to be in the SDM conversion. I changed it to SDM conversion WIDE and PCM conversion POLY SHORT MP . No more drop outs!

1 Like

The Pontus specs refer to DSD64 / 2.8224MHz and DSD1024 / 45.1584MHz both of which are multiples of 44.1 kHz.

My Holo Audio Spring I only has a 44.1k DSD oscillator and before I realised this I would experience strange playback of slowed down music when I was feeding it 48k family DSD. If you are hearing anything similar using non poly-sinc type filters in HQP (closed form for example) and 48k family source files then changing to 44.1k family source files and DSD bit rate/limit should fix it.

1 Like

Oh, I went by what I saw on the spec sheet. i will uncheck the 48 box and give it a go.

… I unchecked it and was struggling playing 48khz files from Qobuz. Taking a very long time to load. Checking it got it working smoothly again.

Oh it’s playing good now. I had to grey the Adaptive Output Rate when deselect the 48K DSD.

1 Like

If you are hearing 48k source files converted to 48k family DSD without a problem then it sounds like you do have a 48k DSD oscillator despite what the specs say.
Hopefully one day manufacturers will be more transparent about what DSD oscillators they have.

1 Like

Actually I left out to mention i have an Ian Canada FIFOPI reclocker between my PC and the Pontus.

With 2 Accusilicon Clocks … Perhaps that’s why it’s playing 48khz with no problem.

Reason is the “sinc-M” PCM Conversion. Switch it to for example poly-ext2 and the problem likely goes away.

The Denafrips Pontus II supports 48k DSD. I use it daily.

1 Like