HQ Player and Linn DSM

Does HQPlayer work with Linn Streamer? I gave up the HQPlayer after a few hours of trial because I had a problem of making the HQPlayer seeing the Linn DSM in the home network.

HQ Player has its own network daemon called an NAA (Network Audio Adaptor). As Roon Bridge is to Roon, an NAA is to HQ Player. HQ Player will not see the Linn Streamer over a network unless it is running an NAA. If the Linn can’t do that then you will need to connect it directly to the computer running HQ Player for it to be seen.

1 Like

Thanks andybob, I think the main reason probably the Linn Klimax DSM is not running NAA, I cannot connect the Linn streamer physically to a computer since it is banned in my Living room unfortunately :frowning:

@ Jussi Laako, as a HQPlay dev, it would be nice to get a confirmation from you that HQPlayer and the Linn streamers do not work together?

As far as I know, they don’t. To my knowledge, Linn is not integrating my networkaudiod (NAA) software module in their products.

1 Like

Thank you sir Laako for your confirmation.

One day, I hope to use your HQPlayer if Linn decide to get their act together.

Has there been any change to this @jussi_laako in the last three years. I have recently demo’d the latest linn streamer / Dac (OrganiK DAC) and have been pretty impressed. But without HQPlayer integrated it’s pretty much a non-starter.

Thanks for any info.

1 Like

I think correct instance to ask would be Linn.

I have not even seen any Linn devices anywhere in past couple of years. Nor ever heard a word from the company.

It is up to them if they want to integrate HQPlayer NAA support or similar.

1 Like

I own Linn Organik Klimax systems, and HQPlayer for my Holo DAC-based headphone systems. Given the internal specifics of the Organik DAC and the input constraints of Linn gear, including Klimax Organik, I see very little opportunity to match Linn streamers to HQPlayer in a beneficial way. This doesn’t bother me: I am very happy with my Linn speaker systems, and also with my HQPlayer>Holo headphones. They have their own strengths and particularities, but in both cases at such a high level that I don’t really need to try to somehow blend the two.