HQ Player Integration [SOLVED]

I’m another user who is very much looking forward to HQPlayer integration. I’m currently using Roon with foobar for DSD upsampling and it’s fine, but HQPlayer is far superior.

I find myself discovering music in Roon and sometimes switching to HQPlayer to hear it to it’s fullest.

+1
HQP makes a huge difference in sound for redbook. It still won’t make a redbook file of complex music sound as tonally pure as Hi-Rez, but it it’s the best redbook playback in existence. I currently use HQP to convert redbook and a handfull if DSD64 to DSD128 because that’s the limit of my Mac Mini’s processor power, it uses about 27% of the CPU. Above around 40% usage leads to stuttering playback.

But HQP’s GUI has many problems which have not been improved in the last year. You can’t build a simple playlist, you can’t even set up a play-next song. The only useful method is to create playlists using good software like (presumably) Roon or JRiver, save them to the correct folder for HQP to play. My playlists take about 2 minutes to load into HQP, a silly amount of time for a simple process, even when there are11,000 songs long (my whole collection).

So I am dying for the time when this integration happens, when I can play from Roon but use the conversion engine of HQP which is a vast improvement in sound over the software I’ve tried.

Please hurry! Thanks :smile:

1 Like

What about ALAC files? HQPlayer doesn’t currently support them and I’m not about to convert them all to FLAC since I still use iphone and ipad. I assume even with HQPlayer integration, that is going to be a problem. That was the one thing that kept me from buying HQPlayer in the first place and sticking with Audirvana + and Amarra.

1 Like

+1 For HQplayer integration - very exited to hear if that will include bypassing system volume mixer and using HQplayers 64 bit intenal volume via the roon interface. Massive benefits here. lIfetime subscription the day it happens.

1 Like

Please add hqplayer…listened to it for 20 minutes and blown away…just picked up a license. I am using roon during 14 day trial.

As of 1 Nov, Using Roon under license and for hqplayer http://klarita.net/muso.html

Eddy

Count me in as an immediate lifetime member when HQPlayer is integrated with Roon. Two friends of mine are in the same boat. After listening to redbook upsampled to DSD128 using Jussi’s modulators, we just can’t go back to JRiver…even though JRiver interface and remote are dramatically superior to Juss’s interface.

I’ll also be signing up for Tidal (assuming this also will be run through HQPlayer conversion) to leverage the full glory of Roon.

I think you’ve created a truly innovative way to explore music with Roon. With HQPlayer integration, you’ll have my lifetime support.

Thanks for your efforts! Any idea when HQPlayer will be integrated?

Jordan

I would also go lifetime when this feature is included!

+1 for Roon/HQPlayer integration.

Summer ends tomorrow (9/22)… :sunglasses:

I’m a Roon lifer and I love what it does, but I still listen to music using HQPlayer and it’s incredible DSD upsampling. I’ve never seen an official announcement that HQPlayer integration would be ready at the end of summer, but it would be nice to know how it’s progressing.

Ditto…Roon lifer for HQplayer integration soon.

I discovered Roon after the Munich release last spring. Being a huge music fan and recording nerd (yes I know who the assistant recording engineer was) and having spent hundreds of hours cleaning metadata in my digital collection I immediately understood the value/genius of Roon. That said, I’d been using HQ Player since Jussi released for the Mac. I have something like 50,000 ALAC tracks that I can’t play directly in HQplayer without converting first. Likewise a large mostly unindexed DSD collection from ripped SACDs so the combo of alac/DSD compatibility and metadata savoy Roon coupled with Jussi’s brilliant DSD upsampling is a dream come true.

Ironically every since the “promise” of Roon/HQplayer integration at the beginning of the summer I stopped listening to Roon. I find what I would like to listen to in Roon…then go packing for either the digital file on my hard drive or the LP to play it. Can’t wait to have the best of both worlds soon.

Now if Roon could only index my LP library, find the LP and run the turntable…ha ha! At least it will index all of my vinyl rips!

Keep up the good work Roon!

Robert

Ditto. Another Roon lifer eagerly waiting for HQPlayer integration!

+1

I’ve been running the demo version of HQP and I like what I hear.

And another +1 here too. Already a licensed HQPlayer user, and very happy with it.

Ready to go Roon once they integrate the HQPlayer… Hurry up!! :smile:

I love what HQPlayer does - enough that I’ll stick with it alone until Roon integrates, when that happens, I’ll become a Roon lifer.

Anxiously awaiting word.

Allow me to jump on the dogpile here as well as someone that is eagerly awaiting HQPlayer integration. Any updates on where things are at with this?

Danny Dulai @danny, As several have posted, summer has (regretfully) ended. Can you give us an idea what the new time frame is expected to be?

Thanks,
Kirk

The iPad and metadata editing work threw a wrench in our schedule, so everything is shifted a bit. This HQ Player work, along with Squeezebox support, is in the short term schedule.

Thanks as always Danny. I’m pretty sure I speak for many of us when I say that we are anxiously waiting for:

1. HQ Player integration in the short term and
  2. Roon Speakers in the medium term

For me at least, everything else is just icing!

Thanks,
Kirk

For me its the other way round :wink:

2 Likes

That would work for me too! :smiley: