HQ Player Version 4 or 5

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hi I have version 4 HQ Player Desktop and before it was working great with Roon. I have not used HQ player for some time but when I tried to get it going again it failed to work. I saw a message saying to maybe upgrade HQ player and saw there was version 5, I was surprised to see that even with a discount it’s basically buying the software again.

Basically I want to know will I have to keep getting new versions to have them work with Roon? I tried the trial version of HQP 5 and it worked with Roon, I made sure same setting for HQP 4 and it did not work, I suspect the software was changed in some way that I need to keep getting new keys, if so I find that very disappointing.

If I am wrong please can anyone confirm I can still use version 4 is able to be used with roon?
also is it really worth getting V5 over V4 if both can still work with roon?

Hi Ivan I can confirm that V4 still works fine for users and many are using it for now.

I was using both v4 and v5 until recently but I have now migrated to just using v5

Does the app show your program is licensed?

Or running in trial mode?

Re-install your v4 license key ?

1 Like

thanks for replying, turns out there was a update for version 4 out and after updating to that the issue I was having was gone. Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.