HQP NAA - Raspberry Pi

That’s what I wanted to verify, thank you Jussi.

So Alec is doing something different to my system. :thinking:

Maybe the issue us with RoopeeeXL? Flash another SDcard with DietPi, install NAA and Roon Bridge with ´sudo dietpi-software’ and see it you can solve the issue.

Well, still waiting for a Toslink Hat for little Pi. Anyway Ropieee XL allows for
usage of USB and Hat, as I see it. So, next to SQ hopes with Toslink, have the hope that this could help for switching to HQP Desktop and away again. So in Ropieee XL using USB for some setups, using Hat for others. Also realized, simply putting NAA in Ropieee XL to „no output“ did not require a reboot. but if you want to switch
back to NAA again, then you have to reboot.

NAA OS also supports lot of different boards. I have bunch of RPi4’s in HifiBerry’s metal casing and boards like DAC2 HD, Digi2 Pro, Digi+ I/O and DAC+ ADC Pro - thus both input and output sides covered.

1 Like

Yes, did saw that :slight_smile: And super happy with NAA OS for the highend chain. For little chain - just for reasons of comfort - took Ropieee XL as there is Shairport-Sync already installed and a little Webserver. Will check further as soon Pi Hat arrives :hugs: Like waiting for Xmas​:hugs: (Setting up the highend chain was only a matter of minutes using your solution. There it is more about optimizing with Convolution reverb and stuff like this :hugs:)

Ordered me a little hat with input options :slight_smile: just for exploring :slight_smile: was not too expensive and want to learn about it :slight_smile: (hifiberry-dacplusdsp - mentioned to be supported. will have to figure out how to add to config.txt. but this is pretty easy, i guess)

:hugs: As you said, input is working :hugs: Now I can feed HQP via NAA with anything having Tos or Coax. CD Player, Airport Express 1, …, Sonos Port :sweat_smile:

1 Like

HifiBerry has also nice metal cases for their boards + RPi4. A bit fiddly to put together, but once assembled very nice!

1 Like

will come :hugs:

NAA OS itself sounds cool using Pi4 and just USB 2.0 output…Can´t be! Why did not someone told me before :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: +++ Now have to look, how to access it via SSH from iMac to change configs…Feeding power to little PI via iMac thunderbolt right now :no_mouth:

There’s no ssh on the NAA OS. What config would you change?

more comfortable to change config.txt for overlays from my imac via ssh. but do it now directly. is not such a thing, because only for onetime setups. thank you Jussi :slight_smile:

I also just received a I2S(hdmi)/SPDIF(coax/optical) board from TeraDak. Did you get NAA running on Pi 3 B+ ?

1 Like

Hi all!

Does the HQP NAA image

https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/images/naa-4123-raspberrypi4.7z

for Raspi 4 support the Allo USBridge Signature board?

I want to avoid using RoopieeXL, simply want an NAA endpoint on USBridge with output to USB.

Another question: if there is no shell or ssh activated in NAA image, how to edit the config.txt?

Regards
Dirk

Usbridge is a rpi3 based endpoint (CM3+) and not a rpi4 therefore I doubt it will work, better to use RoPieeeXL.
Why should you need to edit the config.txt file?

Ah, correct, I forgot.

Edit the config.txt for the overlay settings. Or how is it done with the NAA image? I don’t have any experience with that image, waiting for my Raspi 4 with Hifiberry Digi+ I/O hat. I want to use as SPDif input and route to HQP via NAA

Here is confirmed it doesn’t work

NAA will automatically detect all the outputs available and if a dac is connected to any output and powered on then the corresponding NAA output will be shown in HQP Network Audio backend

Understand. Very good feature!

Thanks!

I have a rpi4 (RoPieeeXL-Stereo) usb connected with a HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro hat and as you can see both outputs are detected